DAW Build Advice

JLITMAN

12 posts in this topic

I'm a first time Hackintosh builder but have built custom pc's and did my own upgrading on the many macbooks, mac pro's I've had over the years.

First and foremost I've given myself a budget of $3,000 strictly for the build. I already have an interfae (UAD Apollo Quad) along with a OWC Mercury Pro Extreme 240GB SSD which I intend to use. Can someone please point me in the right direction or let me know if I've steered in the wrong one with the list of components I've chosen. Any suggestions, major or minor about how I can get the most out of the budget I've allocated would be amazing!

Sonnet Presto Gigabit PCIe

2 x Noctua NF-F12 PWM Cooling Fan

Corsair Hydro Series H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler

LG Electronics GH22NS70B 22X SATA Super Multi DVD+/-RW Internal Drive (Black)

2 x Seagate ST2000DM001 Barracuda 7200RPM 2 TB SATA 6 GB/s NCQ 64 MB Cache

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) F3-12800CL10Q-32GBXL

Intel Core i7-3770K Quad-Core Processor 3.5 GHz 6 MB Cache LGA 1155

Thank you again, really could use your help as I plan this dream workstation.

There are reports of serious USB issues with the UP4-TH, 3.14r2. Not as a compatible board as the UP5. The other one i didn't heard about.

All the best!

P.S.: did a quick google search and there are consistent reports the z77mx-d3h-th will work, so this is a serious option.

• Like 1