DP4 - Graphics Problems

29 posts in this topic

Yep it's fixed here too.

It's fixed for me too, but now I get nvda OpenGL exceptions using quick look or QuickTime for mp4 files the extrange thing is this doesn't freeze the whole system. The same thing happens to me using Nvidia web drivers for 10.8.3 and 10.8.4. This issue was related to the smbios profile if I use MacBook Pro 8,3. I'll try a different profile and test again.

Edit:

Confirmed, if I change the smbios profile to imac 12,1 the mp4 video works on quick look, preview and quicktime. It seems they change something to match the smbios profile in use, Macbook Pro 8,3 has HD3000 enabled, I think this changes tries to use the video decode in the HD 3000 but my laptop only have the Nvidia Card.

I keep the testing.

Good Luck

Edited by AREOS

• 2 weeks later...

I have a simular problem: Ever since upgrading from DP1 to DP6, Quicklook doesn't work, I get weird graphics errors, can't access Spotlight on my second screen and oh yeah, all my default toolbar icons are gone (in Finder, Xcode, etc.)

Running DP7 now on a GIGABYTE Z68XP-UD4 with a XFX AMD 6870 GPU, using CloverEFI and a MacMini 5,1 SMBIOS.

Anybody got a solution?