HD 7950 doesn't work on Mac OS X 10.8.4

Tribes

6 posts in this topic

I can't boot into system normally, I get white screen with cursor, nothing else.

Tried the sleep button trick but it doesn't work either.

I really don't know what else to do.

The system only boots on safe mode, what else can I do?

Can someone please help me?

My VGA is a Sapphire HD 7950 Dual-X Fan 3gb, can't boot without safe mode, and when I boot under safe mode, I don't know what I can do to make it work, since HD 7950 is supposed to be supported "out of the box"...

http://www.macbreaker.com/2013/03/radeon-7000-hackintosh.html

"Since Chimera and Chameleon bootloader don't work with 7000-series graphics cards yet, you'll have to go to the BIOS of your motherboard and set your integrated graphics card as the primary graphics card instead. This way, Chimera/Chameleon can rely on your integrated graphics card to start Mac OS X."

In a nutshell, set initial display or boot display to integrated... Boot with GraphicsEnabler=No, keep monitor connected to your 7000-series card.

Once OS X is booted it will switch over to your ATI card given it has proper ATI kext injection.

http://www.macbreaker.com/2013/03/radeon-7000-hackintosh.html

"Since Chimera and Chameleon bootloader don't work with 7000-series graphics cards yet, you'll have to go to the BIOS of your motherboard and set your integrated graphics card as the primary graphics card instead. This way, Chimera/Chameleon can rely on your integrated graphics card to start Mac OS X."

In a nutshell, set initial display or boot display to integrated... Boot with GraphicsEnabler=No, keep monitor connected to your 7000-series card.

Once OS X is booted it will switch over to your ATI card given it has proper ATI kext injection.

Hi, I'm on UEFI, I use clover, isn't there a solution with clover yet?

This mode doesn't work with Clover, PC reboots if booting through integrated graphics, even with the plug connected to the VGA...

Hi, I'm on UEFI, I use clover, isn't there a solution with clover yet?

This mode doesn't work with Clover, PC reboots if booting through integrated graphics, even with the plug connected to the VGA...

I am using Clover in UEFI mode with a MSI Radeon HD 7770 and it works quite well no problems at all i just had to fiddle with the frame buffer...

I am using Clover in UEFI mode with a MSI Radeon HD 7770 and it works quite well no problems at all i just had to fiddle with the frame buffer...

Where can I find the correct FrameBuffer?

You didn't had any problems booting into the OS? Didn't had to edit any Kext?