Safari and flash

Yeop Azman

5 posts in this topic

Hi. Did anybody else have a problem installing mac flash 8.0 player for websites? Whenever I get to a flash site, Safari constantly redirects me to macromedia flash installation download site. How do I install and enable flash in Safari? email me at yeop@msn.com

Thanks.

this has been talked about many times before.

Flash is a PPC binary. As such it wont work for anything running in native x86 mode. you can make safari universal, download an updated PPC only safari, or download one of the PPC builds of Firefox or similar browsers.

Aparently a problem with rosetta is that it doesnt let you run mixed platform code. It wants you to run natve or emulated only.

Some new users don't know this but you can find out by right click on any icon, choose open in finder, then right click on icon under finder and choose get info and you will see option for rosetta.

If the binary is intel and ppc, you can choose rosetta to run it under ppc. If you do so for Safari, you might be able to run flash.

Some new users don't know this but you can find out by right click on any icon, choose open in finder, then right click on icon under finder and choose get info and you will see option for rosetta.

If the binary is intel and ppc, you can choose rosetta to run it under ppc. If you do so for Safari, you might be able to run flash.

That worked great, thanks