Jump to content
InsanelyMac Forum
Sign in to follow this  

GA X58 UD5 front audio header issues

Recommended Posts

Hi guys, now I've seen some threads on a similar thing to what I've posted but I'm still a bit confused here, so I'm hoping you can break it down for this noob.


I am running iatkos because it was easy to put an image of the disc onto a usb and I was having no success using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] on my mountain lion macbook air (I believe the issue is [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] only works on lion or snow leopard).

Also my hackintosh has no optical drive.


At this point I've updated to to 10.8.4 and have everything working but my front panel audio.


It was working at first however the rear audio (ALC889A) wasn't. Upon installing the kext to get my rear audio working it has fixed the issue but somehow disable the audio on the front header.

Note: currently my front header audio is not even showing up in sound preferences. I see three audio inputs then one digital. (Tested and none of them work for the front audio). I don't understand how I can get both to work.


Here is a rundown of my specs:

i7 920

GA X58 UD5 Revision 1


GTX 660

Intel 510 128GB for boot and two 500GB seagate barracudas in RAID 0 for storage.

Bitfenix Shinobi case.


Any help would be much appreciated. Be gentle I haven't hackintoshed anything since 2009.

If you need more info please describe what I need to list.


Thank you.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Posts

    • Cool! Do you have a link? Googled and didn't see anything yet.   Never mind... you're quick! I just noticed you updated it on the 1st page THANKS!!!!!!
    • I resolved the problem. Just set this coding in your config.plist:   "
                      <string>USB 10.13.4+ by PMHeart</string>
              </array>     "
    • New Web Driver - 387. for 10.13.4 build 17E202
    • I guess having pre{max-height: 500px;overflow: auto;} in CSS was too much for IPS Devs' tast.  Until an admin has hands on this, you still can use stylish plugin to accomplish it.     In fact, it is pretty easy than it appears - Just apply a simple click on the codebox (it will highlight it), then 'delete' key.
    • all the possible frequencyes i have added seems to work fine at the moment, i have added a lot of different frequencyes to support better all kinds of professional applications, inclunding strange sampling rates and goes from 8khz up to 176.4 khz, unfortunately 192 khz does not seems to work even on cards which should support it like the audigy rx, but other frequencyes just works fine and at the moment i have tested only the sound blaster audigy rx and the audigy sb0090 (1st gen audigy) and i can confirm that all the frequencyes from 8khz up to 176.4 khz does work on that card, so i think that such frequencyes should work on all the audigy 2, 2sz, 4 cards as well, tomorrow i will test with my sound blaster live! cards and i will let you know, but here are also some photos (pro tip: use cmd + alt/opton + 4 and then press space to make a screenshot of a single window):