Boot with HD4000 and Radeon 6850 SLI and use 5 monitors?

5 posts in this topic

Excuse me for the weird topictitle, but I have currently succesful running a 10.8.3 setup with a radeon 6850 videocard and I3770  (HD4000) videocard. They both working great and powering 5 monitors (3 from the Radeon and 2 from the hd4000).

I have a dual boot install with windows 8, and I like to play battlefield 3 in ultra settings so I'm thinking about a second SLI videocard 6850.

I have a Gigabyte Q77M-2DH motherboard. I have CLOVER as bootloader. I can boot the hackintosh when IGPU is booted first.

When I install the Sli setup, can I boot still in the hackintosh setup AND use both cards and 5 monitors?? I have no idea if I can use the radeon 6850 in non sli modus?

Hopefully someone can help :)

For AMD graphics it's called Crossfire, SLI is for NVIDIA. And so far there's no trace of SLI or Crossfire support in Mavericks' developer release but multiple GPUs work fine on most OSX versions (they're independent).

Things may change when they release the new dual graphics MacPro later this year but who knows with Apple :D

• Like 1

For AMD graphics it's called Crossfire, SLI is for NVIDIA. And so far there's no trace of SLI or Crossfire support in Mavericks' developer release but multiple GPUs work fine on most OSX versions (they're independent).

Things may change when they release the new dual graphics MacPro later this year but who knows with Apple :D

Yeah I know that the Mac won't support SLI/crossfire. But I can easily boot with a crossfire/sli setup? (and dual boot and use it in windows) and boot in hackintosh and see 2 (or in my case 3 because of the hd4000) videocards?