10.9 guide for Gigabyte GA-G41MT-D3

HUSABER

3 posts in this topic

Hi to all..... Here is my guide for an Gigabyte GA-G41MT-D3 with (AMD 5770 Gainward) machine is G4MOD
Anyway, here below I will show you a fast way to install Mavericks on this Motherboard to achive a near 99% of a real Mac... follow me:

wwdc_2013_apple_os_x_10_9_mavericks_novi

CLEAN INSTALL WITHOUT ANY 'CREATORS'
MAIN PC SPECS:
Motherboard is GA-G41-MT-D3
Processor- old Pentium E5500(Also tested Q6600)
Ram-2x2 Gb SiliconPower 1333 Mhz
 CorsairSSD 120Gb
Radeon 5770 by Gainward- Wireless Atheros AR5B91-Recommeneded for Upgrade with patched BIOS without whitelist!
LAN wired RTL 8187 10/100/1000 on PCI slot
 Display-Agfa Photo 22’ LCD display

WHAT IT'S WORKING
- DUAL CORE working at 100% 2.70Ghz full enable
- LAN Ethernet RTL 8187 (using specific kext)
- VGA with QE/CI enabled (ootb)
- Volume controls (ootb)
- Audio / Internal MIC (Using AppleHDA from 10.8 and DSDT patch)
- Internal Keyboard (ootb)
- DVD burner (ootb)
- Speedstep (Used DSDT and patched IOPlatformFamily.kext)
- Audio External Jack
- VGA-OUT

WHAT IT'S NOT WORKING
LCD Brignesst control

WHAT YOU NEED:
- Motherboard GA-G41MT-D3(Or need to test on another)
- USB Keyboard and mouse (for installation)
- USB Pen of minimum 8GB
- Another Real Apple/Hackintosch PC would be better to prepare all the necessary steps
- Internet

Be sure to enable Sata controller as On-Chip SATA Mode-Enhanced for better performance

web_bios_3.jpg

2) CREATION OF THE USB STICK (MIN 8GB!!!):
Download InstallESD MavericksI have used a .torrent from iModZone.Be sure to find a Mac OSXInstallESD. The image size is 6GB uncompressed.
- Using another MAC insert the USB stick, format it and open hidden files,next time open Mac OSXInstallESD and inside you see BaseSystem.dmg.Now restore the BaseSystem.dmg in to USB flashdrive.

create_os_x_mavericks_boot_install.jpg

After restore finish needed to copy Folder Pakages from Mac OSXInstallESD inside USB flash drive in directory System/Instalacion(Delete Alias)
If you are ready next step is:copy from Mac OSXInstallESD these 4 files-mach_kerne
l(match kernel is included below),,bootefi,BaseSystem.chunklist and copy him to USB flash drive.(root directory)
Now we need to copy Extra folder inside USB flash drive(root directory)(Extra folder is located below ready for use)
Next step is a final:installing Bootloader(i use for my four machine only one tested for me version)Chameleon RC5 752 Lion+Snow.pkg(Bootloader is located bellow)Open installer and install it in to USB flash drive

(root directory)- NOW YOU ARE READY FOR THE INSTALLATION!!!!!!
P.S.:
If you want to use MBR table on your hackintosch (for multiboot with windows xp or other things) instead of GUID (that create an EFI hidden partition), please consider to apply the patch OSInstall(MBR)+OSInstall.mpkg(10.9)Recommended:install first windows and after OSX for dual boot,because windows installation delete Chameleon and need to instal again boot loader!

3) BEGIN THE INSTALLATION ON-GA G41MT-D3:
- Insert the new USB Pen, USB Keyboard and USB Mouse on your PC, power it on and boot from USB (press F12). A Chameleon should appear and wait 5 seconds. I have switched the installation in verbose mode (-v) so you can see all.
- Now begin the classic OSX wizard (languages etc). Using "Disk Utility" prepare your HDD as you prefer (number of partitions, GUID or MBR etc) and so on...... After a while (it should take 15/20 minutes) it will finish and ask you for reboot

Lion_Install1.pngPlease reboot with USB pen inserted and when Chameleon appears, press a key and choose your new HDD OSX partition and press enter. Now the wizard will continue till the end.

When you are on Mavericks 10.9 you have to copy again Extra folder to HDD 10.9 and run again Chameleon package(this time need to install to 10.9 HDD directory)
-After finish this 2 step run terminal and start this command:
sudo kextcache -v 1 -a x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext -z /System/Library/Extensions/
- Now you are ready to restart the OSX without USB Pen, USB Keyboard and USB Mouse

SUMMARY OF MY STUFF:

KEXTs that I have found/patched and their meaning:(Recommended to install inside HDD/System/Library/Extemsions)
>IOplatformFamily.kext to use thermal profile for MacPro 5.1 and corect Vanilla SpeedStep for my CPU

> (S/L/E) IONetworkingFamily.kext I have added under Plugins RTL8139.kext to enable LAN
> (S/L/E) AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext i have added my Graphics card to enable AGPM Controller
> (S/L/E) AppleLPC.kext to use low temperature(also 41C)
> (S/L/E)  FakeSMC.kext-Latest one with these plugins: ACPISensors.kext,IntelThermal.kext,RadeonX.kext,SuperIOSensors.kext
and I use its HWMonitor.(thanks for stable version Kozlek)

MY DSDT patched:
I have extracted my DSDT(For this thime is no latest,i try to work ) and applied these fixes using DSDT Editor:
- DTGP, EHCI, SMBUS, HDEF, IOATAFamily, IRQS, LPC, NEW HPET,

smbios.plist
I have created one using Chameleon Wizard-MacPro 5.1

P.S.
Please let me know if I forgot something or the explanation isn't clear

Bootloader.zip

Extra.zip

com.apple.Boot.plist.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

FakeSMC.zip

S:L:E.zip

10.9 mach_kernel.zip

Nice... but you are posting to New Releases instead of OSX Install which has a sub-thread for 10.9. Besides which... Things a while back already have developed to a point where install methods are no longer motherboard specific.

• Like 1

Nice... but you are posting to New Releases instead of OSX Install which has a sub-thread for 10.9. Besides which... Things a while back already have developed to a point where install methods are no longer motherboard specific.

:hysterical:

• Like 1