Can only boot in safe mode

Sanky18

14 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I installed 10.9 successfully on my laptop Lenovo G460 (system configuration is in my signature). But i can only boot in safe mode. When i boot in normal verbose mode i get stuck (image attached below). I have FakeSMC installed. Any help would be appreciated. 

post-586270-0-51335400-1371788948_thumb.jpg

There's not much to see in that screen cap, but first of all we need more info to help you. DSDT, SSDT, bootloader config, smbios, extra kexts, bdmesg (Chameleon) or boot.log (Clover). A Darwin Dumper zip would be perfect.

There's not much to see in that screen cap, but first of all we need more info to help you. DSDT, SSDT, bootloader config, smbios, extra kexts, bdmesg (Chameleon) or boot.log (Clover). A Darwin Dumper zip would be perfect.

Ok so i have attached the darwin dumper zip but still there is no reply from you. If you do not know how to solve my problem then please post a reply saying that you cant as I have been waiting for almost 4 days now. Thanks

I suggested you to add more information to your post so it's easier for us (the community) to help you. It should really be a sticky here and many other sections. Besides I never said I knew what the problem was or that I could solve it, but was hoping someone more knowledgable on laptops could hop in and give you a hand (like hafudo did), as I don't have any experience with laptops hacks.

Leaving that aside, let me suggest some basic things:

- Are you sure you don't need to patch any kext to boot on 10.8?

- How do you deal with the power management issue? Do you have a patched bios or AICPUPM kext?

- Have you tried booting with "-f", "UseKernelCache=No"  and/or "GraphicsEnabler=No"

- It seems some DSDT injections won't work unless you add some extra keys so this might be related to that (read the Atheros 9285 thread in this subforum)

I suggested you to add more information to your post so it's easier for us (the community) to help you. It should really be a sticky here and many other sections. Besides I never said I knew what the problem was or that I could solve it, but was hoping someone more knowledgable on laptops could hop in and give you a hand (like hafudo did), as I don't have any experience with laptops hacks.

Leaving that aside, let me suggest some basic things:

- Are you sure you don't need to patch any kext to boot on 10.8?

- How do you deal with the power management issue? Do you have a patched bios or AICPUPM kext?

- Have you tried booting with "-f", "UseKernelCache=No"  and/or "GraphicsEnabler=No"

- It seems some DSDT injections won't work unless you add some extra keys so this might be related to that (read the Atheros 9285 thread in this subforum)

sorry about that mate....I thought you replied coz you had experience regarding this problem. 

Now about the suggested tips by you:

-In 10.8 I don't have any patched kexts to boot...it boots without any problem

-For power management I use the vanilla AICPUPM kext and it works without any problems

-I have tried booting with all those flags but still it gets stuck at 'wait for system mapper'

-About DSDT, I tried to boot after removing the DSDT also but it still didn't work......as for now I'm not interested in getting other things like wifi, sound etc to work. I just wanna be ab;le to boot normally without safe mode and then after that I can get into the other things.

Thanks for your reply :D

I had same problem (only boot -x) after update to DP2.

I installed chameleon latest boot loader 2252>  with ML .

now Maverick DP2  boots with -v

I'm sorry but what is meant by '2252> with ML? I didnt get that. :P

try to boot using -v (dart=0 fault)

it was works for me

thanks man...I tried that but didnt work. :(

- By 2252> he means the Chameleon revision.

- Update to the latest FakeSMC

- Regarding the DSDT, you seem to inject the LPC, USB, SATA, WIFI and graphics with it, so that may need an update.

Also, I'm no expert in this topic (or any other :P) but the HDAU device is inside the GFX0 and I believe it shouldn't be.

It should be like this:

-->PEGP
-------> GFX0
-------> HDAU

- The DarwinDump doesn't have the LSPCI data (because it's booting in safe mode I guess) so could you do one from a working system?

I'm glad you could solve it, now flag this topic as solved (no idea how).

Still I would recommend you to check your DSDT for errors (besides compilation, like the one on the audio I posted). Or even better, redo it from scratch with the minimum edits necessary.

Have fun!

I'm glad you could solve it, now flag this topic as solved (no idea how).

Still I would recommend you to check your DSDT for errors (besides compilation, like the one on the audio I posted). Or even better, redo it from scratch with the minimum edits necessary.

Have fun!

Yeah will take a look at my DSDT. Thanks a lot for your help mate. Cheers ;D