What's missing in the 10.9 Dev Build?

puckmarin

6 posts in this topic

While I'm 99% sure that I could install 10.9 today without much of a problem I'm slightly worried about the stability of the actual OS.  For those of you who have been using 10.9 for the past couple of days, is anything missing and/or not working properly?  In other words, could I use this as my daily OS or am I better off sticking with 10.8.3?

Keep in mind it's still a beta, there are a lot of bugs that affects system stability! So, i don't reccomend for the moment installing this system ast primary!
Safari, app-store so buggy, ibooks is also not present in this DP1.

Yes Safari is really buggy. I am using a 7970M with full QE/CI. So far I have noticed safari is rending some corrupt images and videos (with embedded pink errors). I do not have the same problem if I use firefox.

I agree lot of bugs. Safari just flickers > I use Google Chrome

The Graphics are better , using Chamlist I can get 1366x768 to work on my 42" LCD TV> no on ML 1078x876

I could never get my ATI 1300 working on ML . Thinking of giving it a try on MV.

I agree lot of bugs. Safari just flickers > I use Google Chrome

The Graphics are better , using Chamlist I can get 1366x768 to work on my 42" LCD TV> no on ML 1078x876

I could never get my ATI 1300 working on ML . Thinking of giving it a try on MV.

I don't have CI or QE in ML, so I can't use Safari there anyway (I use Firefox instead, with Chrome as the backup).  Same applies to Mavericks, and Firefox is, if anything, faster in Mavericks than in ML.  I haven't installed Chrome in Mavericks yet.  If you don't have CI or QE, Safari is a non-starter - at least Firefox is usable.