Want to use Asus X58 for 10.8.4 install.....

woketman

3 posts in this topic

Hello, I am new round here.  Is there a database that will answer the following?

I have an Asus Sabertooth X598 motherboard running a Core I7 950 CPU with an ATI Radeon HD 5750 graphics card.  Will all of this work for a 10.8.4 install?  If not, I am open to buying a new graphics card and such, but am trying to use as much as I have to keep the cost down.  Also is 10.8.4 the best option for someone so sick of Windows as I?

Thanks folks!!!

ok first look up the specs sheet for your motherboard ( from Asus site)

then from that look up your sound ie (ALC892) and see if the is a kext file for it same with your Ethernet card

and chipset and Graphics card

googles your friend

Thank you, Baldy.  My friend Mr. Google did indeed show me that there appear to be kext files available for everything I need.  There looked like there would be some issues as others have experienced, but no show stoppers.  I think I shall try this!!!

Next step is to download the latest Mac OS from Apple, I assume.  Looks like it is only $20!!!!