No boot except in safe mode

sselshamy

10 posts in this topic

yes, it is chameleon issue.... I had this (safe boot) issue, I find out that if you type a boot flag, the boot flag will stay there and never go.

dunno how to erase the boot flag from chameleon mates, but im sure that it is stuck there and could not be erased just like that cause I erased from the boot screen but still there .......

• Like 1

any recommended clover version. i have tried 1667 but system keep restarting

get the latest 1858, My board was wierd I had to add my board id to PlatformSupport.plist to even get it to boot, also using clover for me my system boots with video in 10.8 but same boot arguments do not work for me in 10.9...bloody wierd behaviour...so for now with Clover I don't get any video but black screens...so currently i'm stuck with Chameleon till then.

One thing to check is your DSDT if you are using it? DSDT may work with 10.8 but not 10.9, Try booting OSX with a bare minimum chameleon.Bopot.plist....try booting OSX using only FakeSMC and NullCPUPowerManagement kexts with no DSDT or SSDT files in Extra. If it boots without any of the combos -x or -f or -v then it could be an issue between bios version, dsdt version and 10.9...just guessing here but post a screenshot of the kernel panic or hang and i'll see what causing it.