AppleHDA Patching in 10.9 Mavericks

nyolc8

149 posts in this topic

Hey, thanks for your reply. i really tried all that stuff but still i can not get it to work, i even tried taking the AppleHDA for DP1 after patching it and replaced the ML known to work kext with it and left everything as it is but again sound disappears, as to the AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext i really did not know what to do with it, and all the online tutorial i could find are old and not very understandable, can you please share your patched file with me, or give me more details how to do it because i am getting really frustrated here.

Thank you very much

here is working one with 1,2,3 layouts... and Platforms.xml.zlib...

and in you need to add your 

- CodecID 
- ConfigData 
- FuncGroup must be 1
- LayoutID

here is working part to add:

<key>HDA Hardware Config Resource</key>
		<dict>
			<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
			<string>com.apple.driver.AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver</string>
			<key>HDAConfigDefault</key>
			<array>
				<dict>
					<key>CodecID</key>
					<integer>283904153</integer>
					<key>ConfigData</key>
					<data>
					IUccECFHHUAhRx4RIUcfASFXHCAhVx0QIVce
					ASFXHwEhZxwwIWcdYCFnHgEhZx8BIXcc8CF3
					HQAhdx4AIXcfQCGHHEAhhx2QIYceoSGHH5Ah
					lxxgIZcdkCGXHoEhlx8CIaccUCGnHTAhpx6B
					IacfASG3HHAhtx1AIbceISG3HwIh5xyQIecd
					YSHnHksh5x8BIfcc8CH3HQAh9x4AIfcfQCEX
					HPAhFx0AIRceACEXH0A=
					</data>
					<key>FuncGroup</key>
					<integer>1</integer>
					<key>LayoutID</key>
					<integer>1</integer>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>CodecID</key>
					<key>ConfigData</key>
					<data>
					IUccECFHHUAhRx4RIUcfASFXHPAhVx0AIVce
					ACFXH0AhZxzwIWcdACFnHgAhZx9AIXcc8CF3
					HQAhdx4AIXcfQCGHHEAhhx2QIYceASGHH5Ah
					lxxgIZcdkCGXHoEhlx8CIaccUCGnHTAhpx4B
					HPAhFx0AIRceACEXH0A=
					</data>
					<key>FuncGroup</key>
					<integer>1</integer>
					<key>LayoutID</key>
					<integer>2</integer>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>CodecID</key>
					<key>ConfigData</key>
					<data>
					ASFXHwEhZxzwIWcdACFnHgAhZx9AIXcc8CF3
					lxxQIZcdkCGXHoEhlx8CIaccYCGnHTAhpx6B
					HPAhFx0AIRceACEXH0A=
					</data>
					<key>FuncGroup</key>
					<integer>1</integer>
					<key>LayoutID</key>
					<integer>3</integer>
				</dict>

if you do not have DSDT with right layout make sure you HDAEnabler set to 1 or 2 or 3...

(different layouts just for HDMI if you do not have HDMI use layouts 1)

what Motherboard you have...

here is a good tutorial if you want to know more - http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=465

AppleHDA.kext.zip

• Like 1

Thanks a bunch, i will take all day to look at your snippet and study your file and the tutorial you posted to try to make a sense out of all this and hopefully get a working sound by the end of the day.

I have the GA-Z87X-UD3H Gigabyte Motherboard found here http://uk.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4481#sp with the Realtek ALC898, 4th Generation core i5 4670K and a Geforce GTX780 graphics card.

Everything works perfectly and natively except i have to disable the integrated HD4600 because it is currently not naively supported and causes the boot to hang, i run it with the GTX780 with GraphicsEnabler=No without any problems.

The only thing that i am having difficulty with is sound, if i manage to get that to work i would have a perfectly working installation with sleep and power management functioning properly and without DSDT 

If you can provide further help after knowing my exact hardware and setup that would really be great, otherwise i will get down to work using the info you supplied and see where i end up :)

EDIT: What do you mean by using HDMI,, i am using an HDMI to DVI cable along with the two DVI connectors at the back of the Graphics card to connect three monitors, and i am not using the HDMI on the motherboard because i have the internal graphics disabled, i am not sure how is that related to the sound coming out from the ALC898?

Thanks again.

Thanks a bunch, i will take all day to look at your snippet and study your file and the tutorial you posted to try to make a sense out of all this and hopefully get a working sound by the end of the day.

I have the GA-Z87X-UD3H Gigabyte Motherboard found here http://uk.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4481#sp with the Realtek ALC898, 4th Generation core i5 4670K and a Geforce GTX780 graphics card.

Everything works perfectly and natively except i have to disable the integrated HD4600 because it is currently not naively supported and causes the boot to hang, i run it with the GTX780 with GraphicsEnabler=No without any problems.

The only thing that i am having difficulty with is sound, if i manage to get that to work i would have a perfectly working installation with sleep and power management functioning properly and without DSDT 

If you can provide further help after knowing my exact hardware and setup that would really be great, otherwise i will get down to work using the info you supplied and see where i end up :)

EDIT: What do you mean by using HDMI,, i am using an HDMI to DVI cable along with the two DVI connectors at the back of the Graphics card to connect three monitors, and i am not using the HDMI on the motherboard because i have the internal graphics disabled, i am not sure how is that related to the sound coming out from the ALC898?

Thanks again.

if you want to use HDMI audio i think you have to use DSDT...

thats why I have layout3 with DSDT... which takes some outputs from ALC898 to have room for HDMI out... 

but if you do not use HDMI audio you dont need it...

• Like 1

here is working one with 1,2,3 layouts... and Platforms.xml.zlib...

and in you need to add your 

- CodecID 
- ConfigData 
- FuncGroup must be 1
- LayoutID

here is working part to add:

<key>HDA Hardware Config Resource</key>
		<dict>
			<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
			<string>com.apple.driver.AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver</string>
			<key>HDAConfigDefault</key>
			<array>
				<dict>
					<key>CodecID</key>
					<key>ConfigData</key>
					<data>
					ASFXHwEhZxwwIWcdYCFnHgEhZx8BIXcc8CF3
					lxxgIZcdkCGXHoEhlx8CIaccUCGnHTAhpx6B
					HPAhFx0AIRceACEXH0A=
					</data>
					<key>FuncGroup</key>
					<integer>1</integer>
					<key>LayoutID</key>
					<integer>1</integer>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>CodecID</key>
					<key>ConfigData</key>
					<data>
					IUccECFHHUAhRx4RIUcfASFXHPAhVx0AIVce
					ACFXH0AhZxzwIWcdACFnHgAhZx9AIXcc8CF3
					HQAhdx4AIXcfQCGHHEAhhx2QIYceASGHH5Ah
					lxxgIZcdkCGXHoEhlx8CIaccUCGnHTAhpx4B
					HPAhFx0AIRceACEXH0A=
					</data>
					<key>FuncGroup</key>
					<integer>1</integer>
					<key>LayoutID</key>
					<integer>2</integer>
				</dict>
				<dict>
					<key>CodecID</key>
					<key>ConfigData</key>
					<data>
					ASFXHwEhZxzwIWcdACFnHgAhZx9AIXcc8CF3
					lxxQIZcdkCGXHoEhlx8CIaccYCGnHTAhpx6B
					HPAhFx0AIRceACEXH0A=
					</data>
					<key>FuncGroup</key>
					<integer>1</integer>
					<key>LayoutID</key>
					<integer>3</integer>
				</dict>

if you do not have DSDT with right layout make sure you HDAEnabler set to 1 or 2 or 3...

(different layouts just for HDMI if you do not have HDMI use layouts 1)

what Motherboard you have...

here is a good tutorial if you want to know more - http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=465

follow you, then do not do the z87 GA-Z87X-UD3H alc 898

Thank you soooooooooo much EvgeniX i freaking did it and i now have a fully functioning Audio, and it was pretty easy to perform once i knew what i am doing and what needs editing, wooooow

The only issue is that the sound level is not as loud as it is in windows, is there a way to make it louder?

Again thank you so much for your help and support, much appreciated :)

• Like 1

Not Work no sound z87 alc898!!  :(  :(

Which method are you using to enable audio? are you using HDAEnabler or DSDT? i can upload my AppleHDA.kext which should work with your mobo and audio codec directly without any extra work, but you will need to enable audio and to rebuild your permissions and cache, do you know how to do that?

• Like 1

Which method are you using to enable audio? are you using HDAEnabler or DSDT? i can upload my AppleHDA.kext which should work with your mobo and audio codec directly without any extra work, but you will need to enable audio and to rebuild your permissions and cache, do you know how to do that?

I try to use the second one does not work.
Both the DSDT HDAEnabler. Then create the cache

you need to use ONE or DSDT or HDAEnabler

I use DSDT.aml before later it unusable ?
I use it in HDAEnabler1 + AppleHDA. As you attach the file Kext Wizard installed through it no more ?
I will do it !!

I use DSDT.aml before later it unusable ?
I use it in HDAEnabler1 + AppleHDA. As you attach the file Kext Wizard installed through it no more ?
I will do it !!

Here is the complete generic no-DSDT solution for any ALC898 on 10.9.x it contains a fixed AppleHDA for ALL 898s and HDAEnabler1,

Just place both files in your Extensions folder then rebuild permissions and cache and you are good to go, NO EXTRA WORK IS REQUIRED FOR THESE FILES TO WORK, just use them directly.

BTW EvgeniX your patch does not work with the AppleHDA.kext that comes with DP2, what did you do to find out what bytes to patch for the DP1 version? please let me know because i want to patch the DP2 version. thanks

ALC898Solution.zip

• Like 1

Here is the complete generic no-DSDT solution for any ALC898 on 10.9.x it contains a fixed AppleHDA for ALL 898s and HDAEnabler1,

Just place both files in your Extensions folder then rebuild permissions and cache and you are good to go, NO EXTRA WORK IS REQUIRED FOR THESE FILES TO WORK, just use them directly.

BTW EvgeniX your patch does not work with the AppleHDA.kext that comes with DP2, what did you do to find out what bytes to patch for the DP1 version? please let me know because i want to patch the DP2 version. thanks

I did it for DP2 I did not even try to do this in DP1... so you must have wrong AppleHDA (or already patched...) use this one - http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/289812-applehda-patching-in-109-mavericks/?p=1928333

• Like 1

I love you very much. Why are you so good at it
Sounds very good as well
I use MS 10.9 DP2
Thank you very much  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:
%25E0%25B8%2588%25E0%25B8%25B1%25E0%25B8

The sound from the HDMI source :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:

If you are using the kext that I posted it will not work with 10.8.x this is only for 10.9

I want you to do for me with OSX 10.8.5
It was greatly appreciated

Where did you get your "generic no-DSDT solution for any ALC898"?

• Like 1

Where did you get your "generic no-DSDT solution for any ALC898"?

You toleda I admire your work
I want you to help correct osx 10.8.5
Thank you

Anyone got ALC898 working on 10.8.5?

this should be pretty easy since the 10.8.3 one that is easily available works for it, no? where did you get 10.8.5 from? if i can get my hands on a copy i can fix it for you. also what is the genuine image MD5 and SHA1 hashes? 

• Like 3

this should be pretty easy since the 10.8.3 one that is easily available works for it, no? where did you get 10.8.5 from? if i can get my hands on a copy i can fix it for you. also what is the genuine image MD5 and SHA1 hashes? 

Tried a few different HDAEnablers / AppleHDA kext but no joy. My board is a GA-Z87X-UD5H witha haswell chip so needed 10.8.5 to boot.

I got 10.8.5 from a few random searches, the MD5 for the file I have is:

b419b1bac2535d241ea210097db9765f  OSXUpdCombo10.8.5_12F17Seed.pkg

Searching for that file will throw it up in Google.

Can you suggest a a set of kext to try or does it need to be built against 10.8.5?

• Like 1

I know it is wrong

Can remove the web link to me.
It is illegal.
  • Like 1