[SUCCESS] Gigabyte H55m-UD2H - Nehalem i3 560 - GTX 560

database

3 posts in this topic

Nearly complete success installing Mavericks DP1 on slightly old hardware - everything is working except App Store/iMessages/iCloud etcetera.   :thumbsup_anim:  I installed using the myHack beta, and copied org.chameleon.Boot.plist, smbios.plist, and my DSDT.aml from a working Mountain Lion install. My TP-Link WDN4800 wi-fi card and Matrix Rip USB DAC worked OOTB, as did graphics.

post-60937-0-25384600-1371046748_thumb.png

Everything feels a bit smoother than it did on Mountain Lion, and it's easily just as stable as ML. I think all my apps work too, but I'll have to use the system for a few days to confirm that.

Edit: Got iCloud working! The trick is to ensure your on-board Ethernet is en0 - that means if you have a Wi-Fi adaptor, you'll need to disconnect it, install the Ethernet kexts, and then reboot so only the Ethernet adaptor is recognised. Once you've got Ethernet as en0 (check in Network in System Profiler), shut down, reconnect your wi-fi card, and start up again. If you have a properly configured smbios.plist, you should now be able to sign into iCloud.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Can you give a brief how-to on how you took the files the files from your working ML setup and added them to the Mavericks installer? I'm using Tony Mac's install guide for the Mavericks installer from the app store and I'm not getting a mouse and keyboard when I get to the installer. 

Thanks