Hackintosh and Productivity

juragan

1 post in this topic

I have been using Hackintosh for more than a year. Starting from JaS 10.4.8 distro until Kalyway 10.5.1 distro.

Before I know about hackintosh, I was mainly using my home PC with windows xp. The most applications that I use is

a 3D games. The rest is Photo editor, Email, Web Browser, iTunes for my iPod, and Movie editing apps. My first successful installation is using JaS 10.4.8 and I still keep it in my PC with the different hard drive. The windows XP itself is in the other SCSI Hard Drive. Both distro I use does not recognize the SCSI drive.

From the productivty point of view, I can use my hackintosh with less problem compare to windows xp. Virus, worms and trojans is the one that I need to take care about when running windows xp. One day my friend ask me to prepare a hackintosh. The objective is to support him to do movie editing (Final Cut Studio). In the beginning I'm not reccomend him to use it, but he is willing to take any risk that might happen. My only advice to him is "don't just install any app".

Then we start to configure the build by using Abit IP35-Pro motherboard. I have succesful install it with two problems. The Zotac 8800GT 512MB is not run with QC/QI and the distro doesn't recognized the SoundBlaster Audigy card. My friend said, what the heck just keep going. In the end, I have solved the video card issue by digging around using Google and our lovely forum.insanelymac.com and skipped the Audigy issue. Then he start to use his Hackintosh to do movie transferring (using firewire) and edit it using FCS. Four months later he ask me to visit his house and review his short movie. And I was surprised all his final work is rendered using Hackintosh 10.5.2 Leopard.

Is this beggining of the end ?

I'm not sure if I can consider using Hackintosh for my productivity tools and my fun activity, but it's sound very promising to me.