Cheapest Hackintosh

juragan

5 posts in this topic

Building a Hackintosh is become cheaper. Here's what I have built in a past 6 months:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-945GCM-SL2 - $69

- Audio Realtek ALC662

- ICH7 Southbridge

- LAN Realtek RTL8111C

Processor: Intel core 2 duo (conroe) E6320 - $179

RAM: 667 2GB dual channel - $ 26 x 2 = $ 52

HDD: SATA WDC 160 GB - $57

VGA: Nvidia GeForce 7600GS - $ 62

Optical: SAMSUNG DVD - $ 36

Casing & PSU: iCute 550 Watt - $ 70

Total : $ 525

Consider no WiFi, Bluetooth and you have spare USB Keyboard, Mouse and Monitor.

Think about Leopard 10.5.2 (relatively stable at the moment) or go down to Tiger 10.4.8

$525 with no wifi or bluetooth? Why bother when for about $75 more you could get a brand new Mac mini with both of those included, along with not having any problems installing OS X now or in the future? Not to mention the possibility of buying a refurbished or used mini for even less than that.

if i add $12 bluetooth and $19 D-Link WiFi. is it going to be a consider expensive ? compare to mac-mini. plus, i could easily upgrade the parts (processors, ram, hard drive, etc)bluetooh & wifi is best for laptop imo. :thumbsup_anim:

Cheapest to get low performance or cheap to run just fine?I'm using Intel945GCLF motherboard only $69 with Intel atom 230 onboard.I wrote this using it. Things just fine.I can play HD trailers 480p smooth and 720p from apple trailers , well 720p should use vlc player to become smooth.I suppose it cost only $125 for one crappy 200watt psu, 1gb memory , and 80 sata hdd. except for monitor