Building an OSx86 - JaS 10.4.8 w 8.8.1 k WLAN

juragan

1 post in this topic

Gotta work on the Wireless LAN. I have the Linksys WMP54GV2 (Broadcom). Hope this time I am able to get this thing work with 1 hit of editing the script. Trying google for some information and this is what i ended up: DrJohn Step-by-step

here what I did, open up a terminal and open the script file IO80211Family.kext in the /System/Library/Extensions

sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext

password:

look for

<array>

<string>pci14e4,4320</string>

<string>pci14e4,4312</string>

<string>pci14e4,4324</string> --><string>pci14e4,4320</string>

</array>

Now you need to change the owner and group to root:wheel cd .. cd .. cd .. cd .. cd .. I think that's the right number of cds, to be sure type ls IO802* and see if IO80211Family.kext shows up. Now change the permissions. sudo chown -R root:wheel IO80211Family.kext sudo chmod -R 755 IO80211Family.kext Now move it to your Extensions folder sudo cp -R IO80211Family.kext /System/Library/Extensions/ Now reboot, you should see the white baseball diamond next to your clock.

and i skip the change in the Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

credit to DrJohn

restart it and i can setup my wireless in the AirPort. I start to dance again, now with my 2.5 years daughter. My son was horrified and "wow! daddy's PC turn into Mac" :graduated: next he asked, can you bring the windows thing in that PC ? I need to play LOTR and other games (windows only)

"Son, this is my experiment. You will got your windows after I setup the whole thing. I need to play WoW on this machine"