Is there a bootloader program like Chameleon/Clover that can run on the Windows 8 Partition?

10 posts in this topic

Like the title says, I was wondering if anyone knows of a "bootloader" that works on the Windows 8 partition of my dual boot system.

My OSX SSD cannot see the hardware RAID array that Windows 8 is installed on, so I thought perhaps a bootloader on the windows side could see the SSD that I have 10.8.3 installed on?

EasyBDC does not see the OSX drive and Acronis OS Selector does not run on Windows 8.

I thought I saw something about about a version of Chameleon for Windows but can't find it anywhere.

Sorry, my system is:

i7 3770K @4.5 GHz

16 GB Corsair Dominator RAM @ 2400MHz

Gigabyte Z77-UP7 motherboard

Dual GTX 690s in quad SLI

2 SSDs in RAID0 with Windows installed

1 SSD with MacOS 10.8.3 installed

Seasonic X-1250 power supply

I have Win8 on a hardware RAID0 array of 2 SSDs and OSX on a third SSD.

They both work great when I choose from the BIOS. OSX and the OSX bootloader options do not detect my onboard hardware RAID array, so I thought their might possibly be a similar option to have on the windows side. That way I could have a graphical or text-based way to choose the OS so that my wife can navigate it easily.

Is something like this a possibility: http://www.insanelym...-avlgosys-hdxy/

It stated nothing about Raid setup. And it doesn't make sense to me at least. Why people need to maintain Chameleon from Windows? Since it can boot back and forth and set Windows as the default volume to boot if needed. Your situation might caused by the BIOS get reset (only accept Windows bootmgr) when using another bootloader, just my guess. Does secure boot is turned off?

It stated nothing about Raid setup. And it doesn't make sense to me at least. Why people need to maintain Chameleon from Windows? Since it can boot back and forth and set Windows as the default volume to boot if needed. Your situation might caused by the BIOS get reset (only accept Windows bootmgr) when using another bootloader, just my guess. Does secure boot is turned off?

Well, both OSes boot and run perfectly independently. Bootloaders on the OSX drive don't see the RAID array that windows is on so they don't let me boot to Windows from the bootloader. I was hoping if there was a Chameleon for Windows, then it would obviously see the RAID array since it had to boot from it, and it would also see the OSX drive and give me an option to choose my OS.

• 4 weeks later...

You could always use the Windows Bootloader to load both Windows 8 and MacOS X. All you need is to copy the file chain0 from the root of Mac partition to the root of Windows partition C:\ Use a flash drive to transfer it. Then create a new entry in Windows Bootloader to point to c:\chain0 when you want to load MacOS. You could use EasyBCD but I remember having problems doing it automatically. I had to manually edit the Mac entry to point to chain0. If successful, you should see Chameleon or whatever bootloader you use for Mac.