d00m42

6 posts in this topic

Help me win a ukulele photo contest I entered a few days ago! The theme was "anything related to or involving a ukulele", as it's sponsored by Hawaii Music Supply.

As a college student, I could never afford the instrument they're giving away as the grand prize (a Kamaka ukulele) and so winning this contest would mean the world to me both as an avid photographer who hasn't had much time lately to indulge in the hobby due to school work (which thankfully will end soon!) and as someone who has now played ukulele for a few months, loves it, and would appreciate the grand prize immensely.

I entered the contest pretty last-minute and know my masking isn't spot-on, but I'm pretty happy with my idea, the composition, and the general result. I took 6 images (two 3-image HDRs one with high depth of field and the other with low depth of field), and combined the two HDRs with some masking to keep the strings sharp all the way up the fretboard (as well as the outline of the body).

Vote for my photo "The Art in Art" once a day until 5/17/13 when the contest ends here:

http://iframe.wizehive.com/voting/view/516ec858-60b8-43c8-a562-17510a20adfa/14289/1271300/0

Thanks!

It's a nice photo! I voted for you :D

Thanks! It means a lot to me. I hope I can get a good stream of votes once daily through 5/17 -- I'm sure the competition will be much more fierce in the final few days.

Also they used to show the number of votes each photo had -- it's so much scarier now that they hid that information. I see other photos keep overtaking each other and I have no idea how far ahead I am...

Thanks! It means a lot to me. I hope I can get a good stream of votes once daily through 5/17 -- I'm sure the competition will be much more fierce in the final few days.

Also they used to show the number of votes each photo had -- it's so much scarier now that they hid that information. I see other photos keep overtaking each other and I have no idea how far ahead I am...

Haha, succes with the competition man!

Gah I was in second place for a few minutes for the first time in a few days since they banned one person for cheating. Keep voting guys! Once per day but if possible please do it once a day until 5/17 -- it only takes like 3 seconds to vote (2 clicks).