OSX Partition stopped booting

matulike

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've had OSX booting natively on my x86 PC. It's been dual booting with Windows for a couple of weeks all fine. I installed a few apps last night and found my 10GB (didnt plan ahead did I!) partition is almost full. So, today I partitioned a 20GB partition on another drive, set it to 0xaf type with DISKPART (in Windows) and Ghosted the partition from the C: drive onto the new 20GB one. It all went OK, and I try to boot the second one (20GB) and it came up with the circle with line thru thing over the grey Apple logo. So I did -v boot and first got a USB error, so turned off a USB HDD I've got plugged in, the next time it came up with this:

Extension "com.apple.driver.PioneerSuperDrive" has no kernel dependencies.

And after a few mins:

Still waiting for root device.

So, I could imagine this being to do with moving the drive it boots of from being 1st partition of 1st drive, to 1st partition of 2nd drive. BUT - I try to boot the original install now and get EXACTLY the same error!

When I shut down last night it was all fine....

I'm pretty much ready to just reinstall all over again, but just wanted to see if anyone could advise... I want to get the new 20GB partition going...if this is going to be impossible then I'll reinstall. But I'm interested to know why my original partition wont work...

Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm getting the same exact issue, can anyone lend a hand here? I've tried both Natively and VMWare and I'm still getting the same issue. I'm using JaS 10.4.7 Repack release (if that is the issue). Selected the Intel 10.4.7 update along with the SSE3 update and X11. Works fine first boot, then acts up after reboot. I have one DVD-Rom and one DVD-Burner. Three SCSI Hard Drives along with my primary master SATA HD. I took most of the card and SCSI HDs along with the DVD-Rom/Burners out, still get the same result EVEN after installing it w/o them.