Installation starts then crashes

brw02005

9 posts in this topic

Ok this is my second time around with osx the first time worked great. I installed it on a 1.5 ghz P4 dell and it worked so well I gave it to my cousin. Now I tried it on a compaq presario sr1023wm and that wouldnt even start the install because of some missing driver. Now I'm onto my main computer I have Asus A8N (normal version not delux) 939 pin AMD X24400 1 gb ram 6600GT. The install starts off great but stops after installing BSD and says their was an error and restart. I've tried changing hard drives and dvd reader with no luck I even did a reburn. This disc worked perfect for an intel set up if I check AMD base and SSE2 I figured Id be fine. I know I have a SSE3 CPU but the other people said X2 will only work with SSE2. I origrionally tried SSE3 and it failed in the same spot. Any ideas Im open.

did you check the hardware compatability list? you never know what kinda weird things can happend from different hardware. also, what chipset/ SATA controler does the board run. remember, nForce SATA doesnt work nicely.

Yes, Im installing to an ATA drive. I know that my SATA might not work but I have windows on it anyway. Leaving 32 gig for a FAT32 partition on the ATA. On my other ATA (yes 3 hard drives) I have linux fedora core 5. I have checked my hardware and my motherboard and CPU are listed.

hmm...

Does it always stop at the same place? or at different places? if its the same place then you ahve one problem. if it changes, then you may just need to try and try and try untill you get it to work. that what i ahve to do to get the 10.4.6 ISO to boot in VMware. It takes me like 20 minutes just to boot the damn disk.

and 3 hard drives isnt excessive, 4 hard drives with a total of 2 TB is excessive *cough cough* crazy apple.

hmm, i don't know then, maybe check aroudn the forums for someone with a similar configuration and see if they had to do anything different. or, if you have the software/ time to wait to download/ money to buy, you would try using VMware.

How is vmware anyway I was looking at all the disadvantages of not having USB 2.0 and graphics but how is stuff like audio and performance/stability. The stability and speed are why I like that mac install. Even linux is sometime russian roulet whenever I get updates. I was also wondering is it like a hot key switch between OSes or is there some lag and if one messes up how inerteresting does it get.

well i would never use it to run OS X, but i use it to install it. My computer refuses to boot any OSX CD, so i have to. sound and everything work fine, it just routes it to your windows configured sound card/ speakers. There is a whole part of the forums dedicated to installing OSX through Vmware to get it to run natively.