Issues with USB boot for 10.8 install on GA-EX58-UD5

humbledyouth

7 posts in this topic

Hi friends.

I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. I've know enough to figure out how to build a decent hacintosh years ago and have been running 10.6 for quite some time. I decided it was time to update to 10.8 but have been very stuck for a week.

I'm following digital_dreamer's guide here:http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/185097-guide-scripted-retail-lionmountain-lion-install-on-gigabyte-mobos/

Here's my system:

GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5

Intel core i7 920 2.66G

3x 2gb Corsaid TR3X6G1600C8

nvidia geForce 9600 GT 512mb

After running the script and creating a boot drive, I cannot get the drive to boot. After selecting Mac OS X Base System in chameleon and a minute or two of script running by, the screen shuts off. The final lines of code are as follows:

BootCacheControl: Unable to open /var/db/BootCache.playlist: 2 No such file or directory

NVDANV58HAL loaded and registered.

Previous Shutdown Cause: 3

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin: : start - waitForService (resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

[AGPM Controller} unknownPlatform

AppleTyMCEDriver : :start coreVIDPID = 8x2c418086 Number of packages = 1 Number of cpus + 8 memory monitor trough MCA

Can anyone help me understand what is going wrong? Thanks for your time.

DSMOS has arrived, this is a simple graphics issue.

Try to boot with GraphicsEnabler=No.

Next time, the first thing you do when asking help is post a pic, thus helping us to refine diagnostics and solution. :D

If it doesn't work again, post another pic. Good luck!