Which version?

PC_GUY

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

Which version of OSX86 is the best, what's the difference between them, OSX86 10.4.1, or the newest one that I hear everybody talking about. 10.4.7 Jas. If I were to install 10.4.7 Jas, would I be able to run programs designed for intel CPU based Macs?

What can I run on OSX86, the newer versions. Had a friend showing off a while back, he had 10.4.1 tiger installed but couldn't get simple stuff to run like XBench, is this problem fixed now?

thanks for listening to the n00b questions :P

This forum is dedicated to getting OSX running on generic Intel/AMD PC's. If one couldn't run most of the OSX software, why would there be so many members? (You are number 57,537). What would be the point? Oh, I got OSX installed, so thrilling, I can't run anything, so I guess I'll wipe my hard drive and move on.

10.4.1 is old. Apple substantially changed the Intel version of OSX starting with 10.4.3. Current programs need at least 10.4.3 to run.

Get the latest versions - 10.4.6 or 10.4.7.

And if you even read some of the thousands of postings on this board, you would have found out this info without asking the questions that have been answered thousands of times before.

Yes, you are a "noob". But is it that you are a noob to OSX or a noob to forums in general? General protocol with forums is that you read and learn a while, get informed, before asking questions.

sorry you had to get such a rude welcoming, but you should have looked through the forums a little more. You really should check out the Wiki (http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page) It has everything you need to know. Make sure to always look through that and search the forums before you post something. But ya, Welcome to the forums.