""ERROR: -1603 FATAL ERROR DURING INSTALLATION". Consult Windows Installer Help (MSI.CHM) or MSDN for more information"

freddyt234

4 posts in this topic

I installed windows vista on my iMac intel core duo using BootCamp, but when it came to loading the disk of the Macintosh Drivers it burnt for me I get this message halfway through installation

""ERROR: -1603 FATAL ERROR DURING INSTALLATION". Consult Windows Installer Help (MSI.CHM) or MSDN for more information"

like its been said in almost every single post on this forum :gun: . The Mac Drivers you burn with boot camp do not work on vista. You have to extract the drivers and load them indiviually. To my knowledge everything works except the isight. The airport card is downloaded from the windows update center. And the ati driver you can get from ati. Apple eject, and Brightness control is loaded from extracting the drivers, as is the sound. To extract the drivers simply to do this:

Search Run on vista

open run

type in D:\Macintosh Drivers for Windows XP.exe /A /v

that will extract them to where ever you declare it to. Open the extracted file, go into the folders and click setup to run the installation for the Drivers. They go into more detail on some of the other posts on this forum