Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

ML on usb

2 posts in this topic

I have had a macbook air (2010) for 2 years and have now got used to os x. I decided to put it on my other pc as I can't get to grips with windows 8 and prefer mountain lion. I have read and read threads on forums, and just wanted to check the process. I've followed the video guide on the Iatkos website,

using my MBA and I have downloaded iatkos ML2 to desktop. I have managed to follow everything until the 4 minute point, where, on the video they have an icon on the desktop called IATKOS ML2, which when opened contains various folders. I have the same icon but its labelled System, and contains 2 folders, Installation and Library. So now I'm confused!!!

Can anyone suggest what I might have done wrong, please?

You need ___8g usb > ML.dmg and iatkos boot loader

on your Mac copy ML dmg to desktop . Then mount it . "dbl click"

open utilties . click on restore > click on ML.dmg, > set as source

drag usb to distention, click restore.

you will need to install boot loader to usb.

I use the boot flag -v