Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Intel DG33FB and other components

4 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this website - n00b alert! My question for the learned folk of this forum is very similar to ones that most newbies have: will this hardware work, essentially?

My configuration is:

1) CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 (2.66 Ghz)

2) Cache: L1-D Cache:32KB, L1-I Cache: 32KB, L2 Cache: 4096KB

3) Mainboard: Intel DG33FB (PCI Express)

4) RAM: 4 GB RAM (2+1+1) at 800 Mhz FSB

5) GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6450 1 GB

I've been unable to find items 3) and 5) in the hardware compatibility list, so I thought I'd post here and ask, and also see if anyone's been successful in running OSX with the same/similar configuration.

Intel chipset is usually a winner! But, as always, only testing will show it.

About the GPU, well: my 5450 - a low end 5xxx series GPU - working with little edits. Perhaps that would be the case for your lightweight 6xxx series. Usually, but there are exceptions, ATI 5xxx and 6xxx are quite easy.

Best regards!

That's good to hear, theconnactic!

I've decided to use one empty HDD as my test bed, that way should something go wrong, I can reformat and reinstall. I'd be curious, though, to learn what kind of edits were required for your 5450 GPU.

Thank you!