Mountain Lion on ASUS G75VX-T4049H (partial installation)

4OSXonly

7 posts in this topic

Help needed :

Installation on an external USB Hard Drive went OK with To----- Uni---

Removing NVDAResMan was necessary in order to view installation screen. No flag needed on boot.

Went to Mac OSX Desktop OK

Change with Chameleon Wizard to latest 2187 but still view 2Go RAM ( 32 Go in real) and NVDIA 14 MB during loading (same with Chimera 1,11)

Memory reported as 2 Go with Monitor and 32 Go in About Mac !

No GPU detected

Change SMBios version to iMac 13,1

install update for macbook pro Mid 2012 for graphics Drivers (remove NVDAResman)

Got GPU correctly detected after reboot "Asus GeForce GTX 670MX" 0 Mo but with no vram ! when SMBios = iMac 13,2 (GraphicsEnabler=Yes)

More surprisingly :

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext loaded but hardware HD4000 is disabled/no choice in BIOS for this type of laptop ? strange ?

no NVDAGK100 loaded ?

Any help to solve issues are welcome.

For the memory detection problem, your best bet is to use clover bootloader as it is a common problem with G75 series.

For the GPU, it is normal that it is detected using graphicsEnabler=Yes (it has nothing to do with SmBios) but as long as you have no NVDResman.kext loaded, it is like adding a DSDT injection without working kexts.

We are actually working on a similar laptop (G75VW) and i think it is because of the disabled HD4000 that we are experiencing this problem (someone else got his 660m GTX to work nativelly without any modifications on an AlienWare Mx17).

Take a look here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285143-installing-mountain-lion-on-asus-g75vw/

Maybe it can help you with other stuff.

and NVDIA 14 MB during loading (same with Chimera 1,11)

This is normal and has no impact on anything, Chameleon and all variants of it has shown 14MB there for years.

Besides at that point no drivers are loaded for your video card, and what was supposed to be detected and shown there is probably VESA memory anyway.

You have to find a way to get NVDAResman.kext to load.

When installing OS X on a laptop, use a Macbook model identifier in your smbios.plist. Don't use a model identifier for a desktop Mac. This is important for power management to work correctly.

You can see macbook model identifiers here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4132 then look up the specs at mactracker or everymac to find one that matches the specs of your laptop the most.

Also, we cannot support installations done with TonyMac tools here, if you must use uni/multi/chimera/[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url], take it to their forums please.

Thanks for the reply

Using actually chameleon v2.2svn r2187 still got VESA 3,0 NVIDIA 14MB

what is strange is that hd4000 is not available in BIOS for this laptop but FrameBufferCapri loaded ?

More strange ?

Using nvidia cuda 5.0.37 show no gpu

Have inject Nvidia Retail-304.00.05f02-macosx to S/L/E via Kext wizard

use sudo kextload via terminal to load NVDAGK100Hal NVDAResman and GeForce Kext successfully

Then Cuda reported GPU correctly ( GPU Driver Version 1,3,4 (300,00,005f2) but no acceleration

How could it be possible, i still need NVDAResman to be removed in order to boot ?

Any clue to go further ?

Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello there, i'm back

Currently using Clover r1174 brings 32 Go RAM OK - that's great.

Clover is installed in EFI partition over a pre existing GPT installation on external USB with Chameleon.

Asus GeForce GTX 370MX detected with 3Go (VRAM param in Config.plist)

But still need to delete NVDAResman to start OSX

Does anyone knows how to load NVIDIA kexts for this graphics card ? or how to patch to gain access to full graphics acceleration ?

Thanks.

Driver64UEfi used are :

CsmVideDxe to boot in HD video (1920x1080) in Clover GUI and MacOS ( if not loaded only 1024x768 via PageUp / PagdeDown within Clover GUI)

FSInject

OSxAptioFixDrv

OSxFatBinaryDrv

VboxHfs

Config.plist is :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>ACPI</key>

<dict>

<key>PatchAPIC</key>

<string>Yes</string>

</dict>

<key>SystemParameters</key>

<dict>

<key>boot-args</key>

<string>-v npci=0x3000 slide=0</string>

<key>prev-lang:kbd</key>

<string>en:0</string>

<key>InjectSystemID</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>LegacyBoot</key>

<string>PBR</string>

<key>AsusAICPUPM</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>AppleRTC</key>

<string>Yes</string>

</dict>

<key>Graphics</key>

<dict>

<key>GraphicsInjector</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>PatchVBios</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>VideoPorts</key>

<string>2</string>

<key>VRAM</key>

<string>3072</string>

</dict>

</dict>

</plist>

• 3 months later...

There´s a guide on how to install it. But is in spanish:

http://www.hacks4geeks.com/como-instalar-mountain-lion-en-un-asus-g75vx/

The issue with the graphics acceleration seems to be that NVDAResman.kext is in conflict with FakeSMC.

Any idea on how to solve it?

I started a thread on my forum to discuss the issue with the installation and graphics acceleration on an Asus G75VX. Located here:

http://www.hacks4geeks.com/foro/index.php?topic=8681.0

I will translate in that thread the guide above.

The whole forum is in spanish, but I created the thread in english so we can understand each other.

It can be usefull for people with GTX 660m too.

The reason I created that thread is cause TonyMac is banning me from his site. Erasing my post. Etc. He says that I violated the rules in advertisement. But, what advertise can I do in an english site about my web only in spanish????

We can discuss this thread in insanely mac if you want. Else, we can discuss it in hacks4geeks.