El's Deskintosh - Final pictures

ElAwesome

27 posts in this topic

Yes, definitely one for Mac Mod....

Love the final result - looks like you need more room for your mouse mat though!

By the way, with the copper pipework did you do all the cuts and bends and then get it nickel plated? (sorry if that is covered in the thread but I didn't see it).

The build is already submitted, if you'd like to vote I'd appreciate it ;)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/288397-completed-build-els-water-cooled-deskintosh/

Thanks very much for the comploments, I really appreciate that!

Yes, definitely one for Mac Mod....

Love the final result - looks like you need more room for your mouse mat though!

By the way, with the copper pipework did you do all the cuts and bends and then get it nickel plated? (sorry if that is covered in the thread but I didn't see it).

Yeah... I need to think of something for the mouse pad... Probably goona attach a bit of rubber under it so that it doesen't move. I have my arm resting on my chair, so in terms of ergonomics it's just fine.

I bought the copper tube already chromed (not nickelated). Mainly because if I wanted it to be nickelated later, it would be pretty expensive, about twice the price as I paid for the chromed. The results would have been much nicer though, at the bends the chrome is sometimes a bit scratched. It isn't covered in the thread ;)

Anonym323 is right, you should present your build for the context of the month of April.

Done, link above ;)

WoW. You got my vote!

Thanks a bunch!