HELP! TI xxx21 PCMCIA/Cardbus problems

Mo Facta

1 post in this topic

Hello all,

First time poster here but I have used the resources on this forum for a while now and my gratitude goes out to all involved. Thanks so much!

After successfully using iDeneb 1.3 to install Leopard 10.5.5 on my old HP Compaq NC6110, everything works except two things: wireless and the PCMCIA slot. The PCMCIA slot wouldn't be a problem although I really need it because my USB ports on this laptop are blown (don't as) and I have no USB connectivity. It is my aim to use the PCMCIA slot with a NEC USB 2.0 card. The controller for the cardbus is a TI xx21.

After finding ~Eureka's sticky thread here: http://www.insanelym.../page__st__1060, I tried installing revision 7 and 8 of Chun-nan's IOPCCardfamily kexts but it causes OS X to freeze on the white apple screen. However, I can see that something is working because power is getting to my external USB drive that wasn't getting there before I installed the kexts.

Booting in verbose mode it says something like (and I'm paraphrasing here. I'll check again tonight after work and post the verbatim error message):

timeout waiting for bit 0x000000002.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers :)