no keyboard no mouse on language screen

stereotrope

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

This is my first post here on this forum, i hope somewone could help me.

I m trying to install 10.6 with myhack on my computer.

I m following the steps in order to configure the BIOS (ahci and hpet setup correctly + i ve the usb legacy support enabled).

i boot from the myhack usb drive, and once i got on the language screen, i have no mouse and no keyboard (both pluged on usb ports).

i ve tried all the usb ports, and it doesn't fix the problem.

the strange thing is that the usb flashdrive is recognized, but not the mouse and keyboards.

i have tried two others keyboards, and 3 different mouses...it doesnt fix the problem either.

here is my config :

gigabyte H55m-usb3 (rev 1.0) - socket 1156 - BIOS at f2 version (a bit old i guess...)

core intel i5 750 2.66ghz

graphic powercolour radeon HD5550 1Go

1x4 Go DDR3 RAM ) kingston 1333

500 Go Seagate Barracuda hard drive

where could i find a IOUSBRollback kext to paste it on my usb flashdrive in S/L/E ?

i d like to try various solutions before flashing the BIOS to last revision supported by my motherboard (F11).

thanks a lot for your help ! and thanks for this website and its community

hello iFire.

i ve tried to copy the kexts you sent me in S/L/E

but then the computer freeze and return an error : it doesn t find the iopciFamilly kext...

as i ve done many trials, using different kexts downloaded myself, i m gonna re-create my usb installer with myhack, and do a try once the usb installer is done clean !

i keep you posted if the kext you sent me have fix the usb detection problem on mouse and keyboard.

thanks a lot !

hola ifire,

i ve downloaded the kexts you sent me, and copied them onto the myhack usb drive, under system,library,Extensions

i ve started buy copying first the iousbfamily and masstorage kexts.

when i boot from the usb, with -v mode, i got a "AppleRTLE8169Ethernet : probeHardware( ) failed

then i enter an infinite loop with "Still waiting for root device" displayed.

any idea?

do i have to run MyFix after having copied new kexts on the myhack usb drive?

Hi, ifire, i did some progresses :

i could install the snow leopard 10.6.3.

after the installation, i m asked to reboot.

at reboot from hd i have a message from osx "first you have to connect a keyboard"

here i m stuck with no mouse and no keyboard.

i m still very confused about how everything work all together.

at this point of the installation, what do you suggest me to do? how can i do a diagnostic of the install?how to know were is the fail?

thanks in advance for your help

Hello,

i m still stuck with the same problem since a week now, and i can't find any solution.

please, can someone help me?

i ve tried so many things that im lost and i don't know what else can i do now...

trying with another bootloader?

i ve extracted the dsdt from my motherboard and patched it using the patch for my motherboard, but i dont understand how to use this dsdt.aml with myhack...

thanks for your support !