InsanelyMac Forum
Sign in to follow this  
RandomMixTape

Acer Aspire One Dual Boot

I'm trying to install Mac OS 10.6.0 on an Acer Aspire One netbook with a simple dual boot of Windows XP and Mac OS X. I am following these tutorials to get this set up:

I have repartitioned the hard drive using MiniTool Partition Wizard in Windows XP with a 100GB Windows XP partition, a 5GB Acer Recovery partition (pre-installed) and a 45GB FAT32 partition for Mac OS X. I have been able to run the Mac OS X installer and get to Disc Utility to format the 45GB partition as Mac OS X (Journaled) HFS+, but the installer refuses to install on the partition because the hard drive is not formatted in the GUID Partition Scheme. It seems the hard drive is formatted as MBR.

I have tried to create a partition in Disc Utility when the 45GB is unallocated space but again the installer requires a reformat of the hard drive.

I would prefer not to reformat the entire drive again because I do not want to lose the Acer Recovery Partition and my current install of Windows XP. It may also be difficult to install Windows XP on a GUID Partition Scheme Hard Drive.

Is there any way that I can install Mac OS 10.6.0 on this partition without reformatting the whole hard drive in the GUID Partition Scheme?

Could this method work?

Thanks

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ssking
      Hello...
      i am ssking....
      Now i am using
      Asus n43jf laptop
      1st generation core i 5 460m
      4gb ddr 3 ram
      500 gb harddisk
      Intel  graphics 1650 mb and Nvidia geforce gt 425m 1gb ddr3
      now i am using yosemite 10.10.5 nicely
      but how to disable intel gpu and use nvidia 425m 1gb gpu?
      Is there any way to use nvidia gpu from my dual graphics laptop?
    • By Denicio
      QuickESP is a minimalistic and discreet ESP/EFI Mounter application. It's simple! Click to mount, and re-click to unmount.

The Preferences pane enables you to configure the following:

Enable Advanced View. Shows additional information about all discovered ESP volumes. This is helpful when you have multiple SSD/HDD installed on your system. Also you will be able to distinguish between drives with identical names.
      Open ESP folder on Finder. After mounting an ESP volume, its respective folder will open on Finder. This is a convenient time-saver.
      Autostart. Automatically launch the application on login. Make sure you have copied QuickESP.app into your /Applications folder.

Credits: Dennis Koluris (a.k.a Denicio), Rick Patrick for the HDRV icon.
    • By xW4LK3R
      Hey guys the reason why I'm making this post is because I didn't think I was going to be able to make a new version of Hackintosh in my old computer. It turned out that I actually could and it works flawlessly!  

I will tell you what I've made so if you have similar components you can take my guide so you can install it as well. 

SPECS: 

Mobo: H61M-P31 (G3) 
      Processor: i3 3220
      GPU: GTX 1070 (EVGA SC)
      Memory: 8 GB (2x4 1333 MHz) 
      Storage: 2x SEAGATE 500 GB (Windows 10 installed on the 1 HD, Mac OS X in the 2)
      Display: SAMSUNG 23PL S23C550

Where did I start?

I started by downloading the Mac OS Sierra DMG (Niresh's version) and then transferred to a USB (8 GB) in Windows using Transmac app. It's pretty simple, there are tutorials available on the net how to do it.

After you've transferred the DMG to your FLASH USB you will have to go to your BIOS and change SATA IDE to SATA AHCI mode. Also, you'll have to change the HDDs order for booting. If you want to make a dual boot with your windows system you'll have to let the Mac OS X HDD boot first so you can access your Windows system in Clover bootloader. Pretty simple, see more of the "how to" here (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/303960-success-yosemite-hackintosh-on-msi-h61m-p31w8/) 

Boot from USB

After choosing your USB by pressing F11, there's no need to type anything ("darts=0 -v" is inserted by default on the boot loader) after you wait the loading if everything goes well you'll be able to see the setup Mac OS X screen. 

Installation

No mystery here just do what you've learnt and format the HD who is going to host Mac OS X Sierra (that can simply be found on youtube). After you have done all the HD stuff it's time to move on with the insulation. When you finally reach the part where you need to choose your HDD to install Mac OS on, go to Customize in the left bottom corner.  In Customize you'll have to change the bootloader from "Chameleon" to "Clover", for some reason when I tried to install with chameleon on it didn't proceed with the installation and I got several errors. That's very important to keep going with the installation process. 

Post-installation

If everything gone well you'll now be in the Desktop of your OS. Wait about 10 minutes so the system can configure and make all the changes. After that, the things you'll need to configure are your GPU and the Audio (if your audio for some reason have a static sound or an annoying noise). Also, you'll need to UPDATE your system to the version 10.12.6 so you can install the driver. No mystery here, just go to Appstore and update it and boot your system again (no flag needed). 

GTX 1070 Driver (Nvidia Web Driver)

in order to get your GTX 1070 working (works for all pascals and only) you'll need to install (378.05.05.25f01) version which worked for me. You can find it on this link: (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312525-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-macos-sierra-update-07212017/)

After you install your web driver you'll have to activate it on your bootloader.

Nvidia Web Driver Activation

After restarting your computer once you've installed the driver you'll need to go on Clover Configurator (which can be found by searching in Spotlight). After that, follow these steps: 

1 > You'll get a message that Clover didn't find the config.plist and will ask you to mount an EFI Partition. Click on: Mount EFI Partition
      2 > You'll see the EFI Partition in the bottom, then click on "Mount Partition" after that you'll click on "Open Partition"
      3 > Go to: EFI > CLOVER > CONFIG.PLIST > Open with TextEdit
      4 > Scroll down to the last lines and replace: 

<key>SystemParameters</key>
      <dict> <key>InjectKexts</key> <string>YES</string> <key>InjectSystemID</key> <true/> <key>NvidiaWeb</key> <true/> </dict> </dict> </plist>     5 > Close the TextEdit and save your changes. 

- After that reboot your system, you'll probably get your Pascal GPU working by now. 

Audio FIX / Microphone Fix / Siri Fix

In order to get your microphone working/siri. You'll need to download the file: "VoodooHDA.Kext" and then follow these steps: VoodooHDA.kext.zip
      1 - > Open Kext Wizard > click on "Installation" tab > drag and drop the file you've just downloaded and drop it in the middle of the app screen > click on Install.

After that, reboot your system and you'll probably get everything working by now just as I do  

• By Oschły
      Hi! I want to resize my system's partitions, but I have a problem. Many small partitions like EFI, Windows MSR and Recovery and macOS Recovery are between that partitions on screenshot. Can I use easeus Partition Master to shrink Windows 10 partition, move this free space next to macOS partition by gparted and resize macOS partition by DU? My hackintosh is encrypted by FileVault 2.

My specs:
      Motherboard: Gigabyte P85-D3
      GPU: GTX 750 Ti
      CPU: i5-4670
      RAM: 8 GB DDR3 1666 MHz
      Ethernet: Realtek rtl8111
      Sound card: ALC887
      Disks: GoodRam Iridium Pro 240GB and HDD 1TB 5400 RPM
      OS: macOS Sierra 10.12.6 and Windows 10 Creators Update.

Thanks for help!

• By swordsx48
      Hi, I first started Hackintosh with a Yosemite installation. This was the second partition on an MBR drive with the first partition as NTFS w/o Windows. It worked fine despite what I've heard but it ran out of space so I cloned that partition to another drive. This was eventually pointless because it created a 160gb partition on a 500gb drive and I came to learn HFS cannot be resized if the table is MBR. Now, this clone, which I used for a long period of time, still boots fine. However, no bootloader recognizes the initial OSX partition. They both used to come up and work just fine however.

Nowadays, I'm running macOS Sierra with a Clover EFI installation which doesn't recognize the first partition, nor does the chameleon from the second clone.

I've tried installing Chameleon and Clover to that partition and booting from it, but no go.

Thanks in advance.