One For The Techies

curlyboy

9 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you mate for reply reason i keep asking about this is the fact that every game from the company macjoy all worked flawlessly before i know because i downloaed them for my girls, Now with every version of osx 10.4.4 through 5 6 7 8 i cant for the life off me figure out why not whatever version off osx i was running before i cant remember and im trying to trace down the problem as to why they no work now

Something is making them crash now that didnt before

its got to be a rosetta thing in the 10.4.4 kernel. Before you were using the 10.4.3 kernel but .4 to .8 are all using the .4 kernel which was the last one that was patched. You may have luck soon as some people are very close to releasing a 10.4.7 hacked kernel.

Thank you very much for replying , I sort of had and idea rosetta was to blame but not sure in what way at least now i got somewhere to start tinkering i still got all the old install dvd from 10.4.3 i dont mind reinstalling only takes 15 to 20 minutes but yeah the newer kernel would be great and maybe fix the problem without tinkering , Once again

thank you

Curleyboy

• 3 weeks later...