InsanelyMac Forum
Sign in to follow this  
whocaresdude

Intel WIFI Link 3945 / 5100 / net80211 port - [[NEW STATUS UPDATE 2013]]

Developers from MercurySquad have made significant progress (since 2009) and are looking for someone with technical skills ((C++, IOKit, WiFi and PCI driver programming) to take over the project.

It's sad to see such a great project hitting a stumbling block due to lack of time for the developers..

https://www.facebook...151265803302122

https://www.facebook.com/mercurysquad

One thing to remember.. Significant progress in writing a working driver has already been made.. someone has to finish the work.. that's all that's left for a working Intel 5100 Wifi. :guitar:

Advertisement

or u could just buy AR5B91 for $4 and call it a day.

And loose warranty?

Does anyone knows if they have support for N-1030 card or only newer models?

Thanks!

ive never heard of loosing warranty for wireless replacement aftermarket.

field Replacement Unit aka FRU by customer is not a warranty issue. when u open whole laptop thats warranty issue.

wifi access door ?

by the way i worked at dell small business support for 1 yr

keep the old card in case u want to return laptop.

ive never heard of loosing warranty for wireless replacement aftermarket.

field Replacement Unit aka FRU by customer is not a warranty issue. when u open whole laptop thats warranty issue.

wifi access door ?

by the way i worked at dell small business support for 1 yr

keep the old card in case u want to return laptop.

Sadly in Israel the warranty is not by Dell. Its by a very bad company, with very bad service so I'm sure that if I'll open it, and they will find something different/bad stickers, they wont fix my laptop :(

or u could just buy AR5B91 for $4 and call it a day.

Tha's not the point and also you forget that in some laptops you cant just replace the Wireless card bacause it can be blacklisted from the BIOS and yes you can edit the BIOS but its not smth everyone is willing to do coz if you mess it up then you have bricked your laptop.

On another note i dont see this project moving at all coz it has been like 4 years or more for just a driver

Tha's not the point and also you forget that in some laptops you cant just replace the Wireless card bacause it can be blacklisted from the BIOS and yes you can edit the BIOS but its not smth everyone is willing to do coz if you mess it up then you have bricked your laptop.

On another note i dont see this project moving at all coz it has been like 4 years or more for just a driver

main reason i will never buy hp.