Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dell 1545 ML instal no hard disk detection

11 posts in this topic

Trying to instal 10.8 thro USB installer as dual boot W8/ML GUID scheme

after booting, no hard disk is detected. Only USB installer is recognised. Windows installed and booting normally.

Can anyone guide me. Tried every method to instal, No success

Help me please

That's secondary.

Removed the hard disk and connected thro usb and installed ML.

still struck in the "waiting for root device"

Any suggestions

fake sata device id ESB2 aka 2681 in dsdt might work.

easy to be done with dsdt editor and orange icon fix which does id 2681

fake sata device id ESB2 aka 2681 in dsdt might work.

easy to be done with dsdt editor and orange icon fix which does id 2681

can you detail please?

Are you recommending me to do the DSDT patch in windows and copy and paste the patched DSDT in extra folder?

Have I understood correctly?

Hi, I have a Dell 1545 currently with Mountain Lion installed.
I can get to the Mavericks install screen but can't see any HardDrives to install
$20 for anyone who can solve this for me email info@LucidPortrayal.com
Here is how I got to where I am
Dell 1545
Processor 2.19 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 4GB 797 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Graphics GMAX3100 64 MB of Shared System M
Serial Number G88014V4XYK
First Very Importantly  Change Bios HD to  AHCI
I used IAtkos S3 v2 to install snow leapard easily
Snow leapord
"The thing that got it booted for me was disabling RTC."
Here are the selections that should be chosen from the custom installation "don't just press install"
Chameleon v2 RC4,
Graphics Enabler,
Voodoo PS2,
Voodoo P-state,
 Card Reader,
TSC Sync.
broadcom for wireless,
But like u said you have gotten Snow Leopard already here is how i got ML installed
again using IAtkosML  I created a bootable USB
Mountain Lion installation disk
defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
You can see from this command that we are making a change to the default behavior of Finder, to show all files, and setting it to true. Next we need to restart Finder, to do this type killall Finder and hit return.
Elliottforcelegacyrtc  from extra/extensions
load ML2 installer     
Bootloader options
Leave Default  
Kernel Cache
Remove UseKernelCache=Yes flag
Fix wireless adapter kext
Once I fixed the wireless by injecting the kext I downloaded the vanilla version of Mavericks for free
Download Maverics
I have two hd that i swap out to get back to windows 7  then did a bios update  (not sure if this is necessary)
update bios
I created an extra folder using various sources then injected it into myhack  
Here is the Extra Folder  http://www.fileswap.com/dl/gRWg7wkJdu/
Here is the Altered MyHack that I used to create the Mavericks USB http://www.fileswap.com/dl/QjdcxHsjqy/
load with -v -f
This will load the installer but I cant see the HardDrives.
I've tried countless boot flags and countless injected kext
Some other things that I tried after finding out the HD was not visible even with The Bios Change to AHCI
other kext frm s/l/e
rename iopcifamily2.kext to iopcifamily.kext and replace in system/library/extension
rename LegacyAppleAHCIPort.kext  to AppleAHCIPort.kext replace in s/l/e   still no hard drive  but still boots
remove AppleIntelPowerManagement
load with -v -f
some references that I used
About "Still waiting for root device" - Technical FAQ - InsanelyMac Forum
pci configuration end bridges 5 devices 16

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Discount_Mac
      I have done a semi-successful install of macOS Sierra 10.12.6 on my Dell OptiPlex 3010. When I mean semi-successful, I mean I have some issues left, one of them is Networking.
      Networking, meaning Ethernet, does not seem to work on this machine after installing Mac OS. I've tried installing kext files, reinstalling Sierra, and so on but nothing seems to work, I have an Ethernet cable plugged and it's lights flashing and whatever but the connection does not show up in Sierra.
      My PC Specs are:
      Dell OptiPlex 3010 MT
      Intel Core i3-3240 @ 3.40GHz
      AMD Radeon HD 7470
      4GB of RAM
      Realtek RTL8111E
      So, Any Help?
    • By Trung_Nguyen
      Hello everyone, 
      I'm getting these error at verbose boot, It waits at this line a little bit long. I think it's a DSDT error:

Here is my DSDT:DSDT.zip
      Could someone help me fix this? Thank you all!.
    • By Trung_Nguyen
      Hello everyone,
      I am trying make the fix keyboard backlight on Dell Latitude E6230. It currently works but the macOS not recognized it. There is a keyboard shortcut which had 6 states of bright. I'm using IOWMIFamily to use the display brightness shortcut(Fn Up/Down) Is there a way to make the Ultimate keyboard backlight slider like in Debian?

P/s: By the way, what is the ADB codes for VidMirror? I want to remap it because it controlled by PS2 and currently map to cmd+P(print) Thanks again
    • By Zsparrow0
      NOT WORKING   SD Card Reader (Use USB adapter ) Hibernation Nvidia Graphic Cards Fingerprint Reader Thunderbolt HotPlug REQUIREMENTS   Fresh installation One working OSX environment Whole disk available (No partitions) Knowledge in PLIST edition Backup Made (EVERYTHING WILL BE ERASED) Latest BIOS version 4k sector patch NVME WIFI CARD DW1560 (EFI FOLDER CONTAIN PATCH FOR THIS CARD ONLY)     1 - CREATE USB     Download High Sierra from AppStore Plug in your USB Key (16GB or More) Format it with Disk Utility and name it « MyVolume » Launch Terminal and type : sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/MyVolume Mount the EFI partition /MyVolume/EFI/ with Clover Configurator (See in the EFI Folder) Copy the entire EFI folder linked to the post to /MyVolume/ 2 - BIOS SETTINGS   MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS CORRECT BEFORE CONTINUE OR IT WILL FAIL ON BOOT !     System Information          Check that Video Memory is already 64MB       Advanced Boot Options (all off)        System Configuration      SATA Operation (AHCI)      Drives (all on)      SMART Reporting (on)      USB Configuration (all on)      Dell Type-C Dock Configuration (on)      Thunderbolt Adapter Configuration (all on, no security)      USB PowerShare (on)      Audio (all on)      Touchscreen (on)      Miscellaneous Devices (all on except SD Card Reader)      CPU XD (on)      Secure Boot        Secure Boot Enable (disabled)      Intel Software Guard Extensions        Intel SGX Enable (Software-Controlled)      Performance        (Everything on/enabled)        Power Management        (USB Wake Support = off)      (Wake on Dell USB-C Dock = on)       Wake on WLAN (off)      Block Sleep (off)        Virtualization Support        (Everything on)    3 - BOOT PROCESS
        Start your computer and press F12 to open the boot menu Boot from your USB Key Select the "Installer from (Your usb key)" (Verbose mode is enable by default to see what's going on if it fail)   -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------     WAIT ! EVEN IF YOU THINK THAT THE LOADING BAR IS STUCKED IT COULD TAKE 5MIN TO LOAD ENTIRELY     IF IT FAIL SEE THE REHABMAN GUIDE BEFORE ASKING QUESTION     IF YOU CAN'T BOOT YOU CAN TRY TO USE A FAKE IG-PLATFORM GO TO THE CLOVER OPTION IN THE GRAPHIC PARTS AND USE A FAKE IG-PLATFORM SUCH AS 34567898764   ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------     4 - INSTALLATION   - Once arrived on the installation screen - Open Disk Utility and Erase your Main Hard Drive and format to : MacOS AFPS (not encrypted) - Go back to the installer continue and choose your Formated Hard Drive to install MacOS. - The computer will reboot after about 2 min - Press F12 to choose your usb key and hit ENTER   (YOU COULD HAVE 2 CHOICE DURING THE REBOOT : INSTALLER ON "YOUR DRIVE NAME" OR PRELOADER "YOUR DRIVE NAME". You have to use "Installer on your "drive name" in case it FAIL select the OTHER OPTION. You will have to do this twice if I remember correctly.   BE CAREFUL YOU HAVE TO ALWAYS BOOT ON YOUR USB KEY BECAUSE CLOVER IS NOT YET INSTALLED ON THE SYSTEM, SO PRESS F12 ON EVERY REBOOT AND CHOOSE YOUR USB KEY UNTIL CLOVER PROPERLY INSTALLED     5 - POST INSTALLATION   - Open Kext Wizard in My EFI folder - Click on installation tabs browse kext and select ALL THE KEXT IN USB/EFI/CLOVER/KEXT/OTHER - Make sure that the destination drive is your MAIN HARD DRIVE and press INSTALL - Once done go to MAINTENANCE TAB and select the radio button for System/Library/Extensions and press EXECUTE.   6 - RESTART WITHOUT USB   - Disconnect your usb and reboot normally, everything should work properly now.     !!! CONGRATULATION YOU DID IT !!!               if not...       Give us enough clear information in the comments section so we can help you to have this laptop working.   A BIG         TO     Dell for making this laptop Apple for Mac OS RehabMan for so many detailed posts, enormous collection of SSDT files, kext development, and being overall incredibly helpful throughout this whole process KNNSpeed for this amazing guide Pike R. Alpha for his in-depth blog and the 0xE2 patch (among being the source of many other developments and patches) The Clover team for the Clover bootloader netkas, kozlek, and Slice for FakeSMC wmchris for his initial XPS 9550 write-up Jonny4911 for posting his 9560 setup and his version of the AudioFix folder syscl for a lot of work into the XPS 9360 and his build of VoodooPS2Controller darkhandz for his XPS 9550 repo toleda and goodwin_c for audio, ALCPlugFix goodwin_c for HWP dpassmor for the Thunderbolt/USB-C ExpressCard trick vit9696 for Lilu and AppleALC PMHeart for CoreDisplayFixup lvs1974 for NvidiaGraphicsFixup darkvoid for Wi-Fi patches filequit for the 5GHz global channel bonding patch denskop for the "Boot Graphics Glitch" patch netkas, kid2010, and syscl for the Thunderbolt 3 blacklist bypass patch Blazinsmokey for all his good advice and knowledge   AND ALL THE OTHER THAT I DIDN'T QUOTE BUT WHO CONTRIBUTED TO MAKE THIS DREAM HAPPENED !     MORE CUSTOMIZATION   Improve battery life and CPU temperature :   Check the @abn6x Guide : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/331775-guide-how-to-undervolt-your-haswell-and-above-cpu/     EFI.7z
    • By Rocketval
      Hi everyone! My pc specs are these:
      Dell Optiplex 3010 SFF
      mobo: Dell 042P49
      cpu: i3-3240
      gpu: hd2500 (will be added a new gt710 next week)
      USB created with HackintoshZone restoreSierra from my macbook pro.
      So, I've installed from usb after setting up (I hope correctly) the bios (legacy, uefi doesn't work properly I think) and, even if I've restarted after waiting so long when it said "less than a minute remaining", I can boot just fine into Sierra in my SSD ("Hackintosh") selecting, when I start/restart the pc, boot from Hackintosh.

Everything works fine except graphics (I know hd2500 is not supported so I just bought an used gt710 that will arrive next week), audio (it worked 2 times after setting with clover configurator, then it stopped) and ethernet (I think it's faulty, anyway I've a wifi dongle that works fine).
      BUT if the usb created with restoreSierra.pkg is not connected I can see Clover bootloader but I can't see my SSD "Hackintosh" which is the drive Sierra is installed in.

I'm pretty sure something in post installation (Clover configurator -> Boot secton) is missing, these are the steps I made after the automatic initial setup:
      Mount EFI partition of SSD (since is not mounted by default)
      Install Clover EFI in order to install Clover Legacy.
      Copy EFI folder from HZ usb
      Delete EFI folder from EFI partition of SSD
      Paste EFI folder from HZ to EFI partition of SSD

When I restart the pc w/o usb plugged I can't see the SSD, the space over the rounded icons is empty except from BOOT from EFI (and if select it it reload the same thing).

I hope someone could help me, this is my first step in hackintosh world
      Have a nice day