IdeaPad Y400 ML compatible ?

islander92

7 posts in this topic

Hey

Long story short I bought a laptop few weeks ago and it turns out it is not compatible, mainly because it had nVidia Optimus on it (wich I couldn't disable in the bios). So this time I want to take the information BEFORE buying icon_e_smile.gif

So there's a good deal on Lenovo website, and I would like to know if it is ML compatible.

Specs :

Processor : 3rd Generation Intel Core i7-3630QM Processor( 2.40GHz 6MB)

Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce GT650M 2GB

Memory : 8.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3 SDRAM 1600 MHz

Display : 14.0" HD Glare with integrated camera 1366x768

Pointing device : Industry Standard Multi-touch 2 button touchpad

Hard Drive : 1TB 5400 rpm

Optical Drive : DVD Recordable (Dual Layer)

Battery : 6 Cell Li-Polymer

Network Card : Intel Centrino Wireless N-2230

Bluetooth : Bluetooth Version 4.0

Link : http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/webca/LenovoPortal/en_CA/catalog.workflow:item.detail?GroupID=458&Code=952328U&category_id=6F25AD87314BC8A2F92F4CD784242A7D#.UNO4029QXXQ

I have no idea if there is nVidia Optimus enabled or not...

Thanks !

I saw one of this laptop the other day at best buy, and I had the same doubt about Optimus, in device manager on windows I didn´t see any Intel Graphic card. Be aware of taking this info as a confirmation it will work, there are other laptops with kepler graphics cards and no optimus and they just can´t get it to work. If you purchase it you can always return it back to the store.

Hope it helps

Good Luck

there are other laptops with kepler graphics cards and no optimus and they just can´t get it to work.

Do you know if there's is any specific requirements for GT650M ?

I pretty sure that this laptop dosen't have Optimus, but beside that would it possible that it dosen't work ? Isn't the 650M supposed to work out of the box ?

The GT650m is supposed to work like any other kepler card with the supported GPU, like the GK104, GK107, but in the cases I was referring it doesn't work. You can´t be sure until someone else try it or you try it by yourself.

I like to have one and test it.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Hey

Long story short I bought a laptop few weeks ago and it turns out it is not compatible, mainly because it had nVidia Optimus on it (wich I couldn't disable in the bios). So this time I want to take the information BEFORE buying icon_e_smile.gif

So there's a good deal on Lenovo website, and I would like to know if it is ML compatible.

Specs :

Processor : 3rd Generation Intel Core i7-3630QM Processor( 2.40GHz 6MB)

Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce GT650M 2GB

Memory : 8.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3 SDRAM 1600 MHz

Display : 14.0" HD Glare with integrated camera 1366x768

Pointing device : Industry Standard Multi-touch 2 button touchpad

Hard Drive : 1TB 5400 rpm

Optical Drive : DVD Recordable (Dual Layer)

Battery : 6 Cell Li-Polymer

Network Card : Intel Centrino Wireless N-2230

Bluetooth : Bluetooth Version 4.0

Link : http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/webca/LenovoPortal/en_CA/catalog.workflow:item.detail?GroupID=458&Code=952328U&category_id=6F25AD87314BC8A2F92F4CD784242A7D#.UNO4029QXXQ

I have no idea if there is nVidia Optimus enabled or not...

Thanks !

So which laptop did you buy?

I bought Lenovo Ideapad Y400 few days ago and it's really good. I think because nVidia GeForce GT 650M is supported by Macs, it should work. I haven't tried it though.

Let us know if you find more information about this.

Thanks,

Anup