Almost there, a little help needed

quake

7 posts in this topic

I just installed Hazard's 10.6.1 on my old AMD pc. I have everything good so far, ethernet, 1360x768, and sound. BUT, I cannot adjust my sound. The slider is stuck in the middle and will not adjust up or down. Can anyone help me on this?

Also, what would my benefits be to update to 10.6.8? Any? If so, what are the steps I must take in order to do so? Thanks.

I tried these. Installed update, then installed kernel. Deleted those kexts and added to the bootplist. When I reboot, it goes throught he first few screens, but restarts at I think the sarting Darwin. I think this is where because it scrolls so fast. I do have access to this partion from my wndows partition if anything needs to be changed. Any suggestions?

try to boot from dvd Hazard,and choise your 10.6.8 partition to boot(i am shuar,you dont use bootloader on hdd)and later install bootloader from dvd

try to boot from dvd Hazard,and choise your 10.6.8 partition to boot(i am shuar,you dont use bootloader on hdd)and later install bootloader from dvd

I used a boot cd to boot with. I was able to see that it hangs at "pci configuration begin". I tried booting with the following, but did not work

npci=x200 and PCIRootUID=1

OK, now running 10.6.8 fairly smooth, but I am having a problem with my graphics card. I'm using a GEForce 8500 GT. System Profiler picks it up and recognizes it, but I just don't think it's being utilized. I have no resolution options, just 1024x768. I cannot take a screenshot, preview does not work, and neither does Grab. I have tried a few different things, but nothing prevails Treid booting with the graphicsenabler=yes and nothing. Anyone have any suggestions?