eep357

Where can I find the latest Chameleon? How do I upgrade?

1 post in this topic

Chameleon-Where to Get It

As you may know, booting Mac OSX on PC hardware requires the use of a separate "Boot Loader". Currently the most commonly used is Chameleon, which is an open-source project that has been developed by the team at VoodooProjects (aka. VoodooLabs), for the past few years.

There are a few different versions (or branches) available that are minor off-shoots of the main version (or trunk). While different updates may be applied to various branches, generally those updates that prove to be beneficial and stable will be added to the trunk version, and then various branches may then periodically be synced with the trunk to include all those updates as well.

If you already have Chameleon and everything works perfectly, there may not be a need to update. If you need it or want it, then pre-compiled packages and source downloads of the trunk and the Enoch branch can be found here.

The project page can be found here, where all the latest branches or trunk can be downloaded via svn or tarball, bug reports can be submitted and any documentation can be found.

You can also check out the VoodooProjects home page here, and see some of their other OSx86 tools/projects or visit the forums.

Advertisement

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Slice
      Since rev 4844 Vector Themes are supported and there are ready-to-use Clovy by Clovy, cesium by Slice and BGM_SVG by Blackosx.
      You may see it's structure to create own theme
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I want to add vector graphics support in Clover. See rev 4560 and later.
      It is not working yet but designers may begin to create Vector Themes.
      It supposed to consist of SVG elements and has design size. It will be rendered to any screen size scaled from design size.

What application in macOS can create SVG graphics?
      Inkscape is not working in macOS 10.11+. Pity.
      LibreOffice Draw works with SVG but buggy.
      Boxy SVG cost 10$ but looks good enough. It creates the best in simplicity files and have more then enough features.
      Illustrator is good but expensive.

How to improve SVG file?
      Clover has restricted support for SVG. It is your job to make compatible file and as small as possible to speedup rendering.
      Some helps:
      Help:Inkscape – From invalid to valid SVG Inkscape files
      From invalid to valid SVG Adobe Illustrator files
      From invalid to valid SVG files of other editors: BKchem, ChemDraw and CorelDRAW
      Help:Illustrator – Assistance with creating and saving SVG images in Adobe Illustrator that will pass W3C validation
      User:Quibik/Cleaning up SVG files manually
      Later I will write own instructions specific to Clover abilities.

How to create SVG fonts?
      You can google to find ready-to-use SVG fonts.  I found some problems with too beaty fonts: slow rendering and overflow crash. Be careful.
      You can get ttf or otf fonts and convert them into svg by using online WEB services. Not a problem to google.
      But then I want to find a way to simplify the font to reduce a size and speedup rendering.
      You can create own font by FontForge It is opensource and available for Windows, Mac and GNU+Linux. It creates otf font which you can convert to svg font.

Pictures from Badruzeus
      https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=301597
    • By thomaspetersen
      Hi All

I'm trying to start a Hackintosh High Sierra 10.13.5 installation:
      - MSI B350 PC Mate
      - Ryzen 5 - 2600
      - Radeon Pro 580 GPU
      - 4 x 8GB DDR4
      (Have a working clover bootloader for HS 10.13.3 - but for some reason, I can't use that setup with the 10.13.5) 

Have tried different bootloader setup, with different outcomes...
      ATM. I get this error/hang - "Unknown CPU: family = 0x17, model = 0x8, Stepping = 0x2"
      Have search google, and can see that the threads ppl. are getting this, is when they look at "About this mac", I haven't yet installed the OSX.

So can someone help...

I'm running the newest Kexts: AppleALC, FakeSMC, Lilu, RealtekRTL8111, USBInjectAll and WhateverGreen.
      In Bootloader setup, i'm running: -v, -s, -f, -no_compat_check, busratio=34, PCIRootUID=1, npci=0x2000, dart=0 and nv_disable=1
      In SMBIOS i'm using the iMac18,2 and in RT i'm using BooterConfig: 0x28 and CsrActiveConfig: 0x67
      In installed drivers i'm using: AptioMemoryFix, EmuVariableUefi-64, OsxAptioFixDrv-64 (Have tried Fix2 as well)

But i'm, keep getting the Unknown CPU hang/error, can someone help...
      Or do someone have a setup with the same CPU and GPU, that can show me his/her setup for Bootloader/Kexts...
    • By eep357
      TECHNICAL FAQ
      The FAQ is set up to answer many of the technical questions that are commonly asked! This is not a place to ask for help. Use the forum instead.
      Frequently Asked Questions:

1) Q: What is OSx86?
      2) Q: Is it legal?
      3) Q: What minimum hardware specs should have to install Mac OS X on a PC?
      4) Q: What versions of Mac OS X can be installed?
      5) Q: What is a kext and how to install?
      6) Q: What is a kernel?
      7) Q: What is a bootloader?
      8) Q: What is "vanilla"?
      9) Q: What is "native"?
      10) Q: How do I install Mac OS X on my PC?
      11) Q: I get only a grey screen or a grey screen with the Apple logo when trying to boot, how can I fix this?
      12) Q: I get this message "Still waiting for root device" when booting, what are the solutions?
      13) Q: When I boot, I get the error: "HFS + partition error". Before I booted without problem!
      14) Q: What is "boot0: error"?
      15) Q: How to change the display resolution?
      16) Q: How to show hidden files and folders?
      17) Q: Retail? / Release?
      18) Q: What is DSDT?
      19) Q: What is QE/CI?
      20) Q: What is "Natit"? - Outdated
      21) Q: What is "Aty_init.kext"? - Outdated
      22) Q: What is "com.apple.Boot.plist" / "org.chameleon.Boot.plist"?
      23) Q: What. "DS_Store"?
      24) Q: MBR, GPT, what is it and what are the differences?
      25) Q: How to fix Unknown CPU Error in About This Mac
      2012-original by fantomas_1

• By apianti
      Just so you all know I actually have done something. I have pushed the source to both my github and to sourceforge, please commit to the experimental branch and I will merge it into the stable branch once it is safe. Also, nothing meaningful happens yet so don't get too excited. Only the Visual studio build works right now. I haven't set up the Xcode or Makefile builds yet, I'm trying to do them now.

https://github.com/apianti/Clover
      https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/Clover

IA32/X64/ARM/ARM64 testing ISO (6/7/2018): Clover-3.0-experimental.iso