• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
//Zztony

NO boot or Install with 2cpu's installed....

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a Dell Precision Workstation T7500 with 2 Quad-Core 'westmere' Xeon W5580@3.20GHz and 12GB ECC RAM installed. I got it up&running very smoothly with only 1 CPU installed, ###### - Install 10.8.2 - ###### = OK!

BUT, It seems impossible for me to even boot OSX with both CPU's installed, I've tried any version.(tried 10.5.x/10.6.x/10.7.x/10.8.x)

What do I need to do to boot this system with both CPU's installed?

KP error and instant reboot every time, very hard to be quick enough to record or take a pic of it.....

Any ideas or suggestions?

Cheers//Zztony

I think VoodooTSCsync.kext are a part of both myHack USB-boot and ###### USB-boot, and none of them get past the KP and instant reboot unfortuneately....

Thanks//Zztony

This a photo of a USB boot from the older i.P.o.r.t.a.b.l.e (10.0.0) with the default 'chocolate' kernel, at least it stopped when it KP so I was able to take a pic of it.

post-883222-0-45502500-1354436770_thumb.jpg