Question about ATI Radeon X1300

wws12

11 posts in this topic

Does this graphic card support QE/CI under Snow Leopard? I have this card and would like to make sure it works before I install SL. Also, is it possible to install OS X on a separate partition on a drive that already has Win7 installed on it? I am new to the hackintosh thing and would greatly appreciate some help.

Thanks,

wws12

Yes, the card will work in SL.

Do not install Mac OS X on the same HDD as Windows because you are new to this. It is safer to test before you do this.

I'll follow your advice about the HDD, thanks. I assume when you say it "works", that QE/CI works also? I will be using several Apple apps and want to make sure that the hardware acceleration is supported. Another question, I've heard around here that VGA port don't work to well in OSX. I have a wide screen monitor hooked up to the VGA port currently. My card also has a DVI port. Would I need to buy an adapter to get the monitor to work?

Thanks,

wws12

UPDATE: Turns out I have the X1300XT wich is an AGP card. I am looking into buying a replacement card to use under OS X. I was looking at this one: http://www.amazon.com/GeForce-Express-Profile-Graphics-8400GS-1GD3-SL/dp/B006M1MW1Q/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1353782979&sr=1-6&keywords=asus+pci+card

Will this work with QE/CI under OS X? My plan is to install SL, then update to ML and I want to make sure it will work. Thank you for the help.

OK. That GPU you listed has been haviing issues. I would buy a ATI 5770 you can get it for around $50-60.

I'm going to be buying the Core i3-2105 after reading good reviews. Since this CPU has HD 300 graphics, I won't need the extra graphics card. This CPU supports QE/CI in ML, right?