Acronis selector not found...

OlivierSeres

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I've successfully installed v10.4.6 and the Acronis Disk Director Suite.

Everything worked at the beginning but one day, i got this message :

"Staring Acronis Loader

No commands for booting OS. Press <ENter> to reboot".

I ve created a Acronis Rescue Media bootable CD. The 2 choices are :

* Acronis Disk Director Full Version :dunno what to do; do i have to "recover "partition ?

* Windows (give me the same message)

Thanks for your help

that problem usually happens when you defrag windows. it affects acronis and you usually need to boot from the cd and reinstall boot selector. thats why i never use it anymore. if you cant boot from the cd, make your windows boot drive active and reinstall boot selector from windows to get darwin bootloader back.

Thanks

>Rammjet : there is no possibility of installing the Selector in this version of Rescuable CD

>Domino : what bootable CD are you speaking of ? (i've got a ubuntu live CD that helps me to switch active partitions, but i cannot access to windows)

I've installed

http://www.acronis.com/files/support/mbrautowrite_en.exe on a bootable floppy as explained here : http://www.wilderssecurity.com/archive/ind...hp/t-63239.html ; it overwrites the MBR but the result is the same :

"No command for booting OS' ;-(

I was talking about the Acronis boot CD you created after installing it. You did create one right? You can use that CD to re-install Boot selector or mark a partition active. In you case, mark the OS X partition active and reboot. If you have another computer handy, download the most recent version of Acronis Suite. I think it's version 10.x. Burn a bootable cd and use that to boot to the downed box.

If you already used another application to re-write the mbr, without backing up the original mbr, you may be screwed. I can talk you into getting windows back, but OS X bootloader will be lost. You may be able to use the OS X CD and re-install OS X boot sector. It's a long shot, but it's possible.