Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Fresh ML 10.8 Install - Kernel panics IOUSBFamily

1 post in this topic

I managed to get OS X installed on my machine today, and I can boot into safe mode with -x but I'm unable to boot normally. I'm looking for some help deciphering my kernel panic:

panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff8000243d5e): "a freed zone element has been modified in zone: kalloc.16"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-2050.7.9/osfmk/kern/zalloc.c:219

Kernel extensions in backtrace:

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.7)

Here is a picture of the left half of the screen (phone won't take a clear enough picture if I stand back for the whole screen) during the kernel panic.

I used ###### after I installed OS X (I've always had to boot into safe mode though) and it didnt seem to help. I'm thinking I need to delete or replace a driver but I don't know what I'm looking for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

My hardware is:

MSI P55A-G55

Intel i5 760

NVIDIA GeForce 570 GTX

I'm booting with the flags "-v -f PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x3000 graphicsenabler=no usbbusfix=1"