P5N7A-VM Mountain Lion 10.8.2 Blank Screen

molesza

2 posts in this topic

Hoping someone has experience installing on this motherboard. I am using the standard built in Nvidia GeForce 9300 graphics.

I can install mountain lion without any issues. The only boot flag required is "PCIRootUID=0"

Once booted into Mountain Lion 10.8.2 everything is working just fine except for sound. I ran [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and installed Audio - ALC888 (which is compatible with ALC1200 on the board).

I am not sure which other flags to choose for 10.8.2

After reboot I put in the flag "PCIRootUID=0" again but on the hard drive boot and not using USB. I get the white screen with the apple logo. Can hear the hard drives clicking and after a few seconds the monitor loses signal and I have a blank screen. If I press keys I can hear the MAC os "Ding" sound in the background. So I think it has booted to the Login screen just cant see it. I have tried running the "-v" verbose flag so I can see the problem but the screen goes blank in that too. So I am pretty sure it has booted. Just cant see it!

Has anybody got experience with this problem? This board was very popular so I am sure this would help a lot of people.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

Would you mind posting any extra kext for this board that you're using (beyond the ALC888) and/or dsdt? Running into some problems trying to get 10.8.2 to work on this board. Didn't have any issues with 10.6.8/10.7.5 but 10.8 will sometimes KP with NVSMU (nvidia chipset kext). I'm curious if perhaps there is something I'm missing. As for blank screen, have you tried PCIRoot=0? I'm not sure if that is any different from PCIRootUID but according to thread about PCIe nvidia card, this was used to fix blank screen issue.