[Solved]"nVidia ROM patching failed" - but system already was running...

smorf

9 posts in this topic

i just upgraded my hackintoshs hardware, and set up a fresh 10.8.2.

i put in a new Geforce GTX 550 Ti and got it running by

- installing the new released cuda drivers from nvidia

- adding the correct vendor/device IDs in NVDAGF100Hal.kext´s Info.plist

- setting "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" in my boot plist

It worked and was recognized correctly.

After a few regular reboots it broke. it shortly shows "...nVidia ROM patching failed..." at start of the boot sequence (just after chimera boot screen). When I do a verbose boot, it really boots, even loads the nvidia kext. At the point it should switch to the graphical part / login screen, my display just goes black and says "no signal". I tried everything, even a new installation. same thing. it works a few times, but after a while it just gets broken again. ideas anyone? i´m already considering changing the graphics to radeon HD5770...

thanks in advance!

smorf

i did try that within a boot prompt. but thanks, good hint. i´ll try again with changing this in the boot plist. I will also try with different display devices on DVI/DP/VGA. Actually i am using a full HD display on DVI and a projector on VGA. i´ll check what happens if I change this.

chameleon and graphicsenabler=yes did the trick. thanks.

it gets recognized with the wrong amount of RAM (1,5GB instead of the real 1GB), but it seems to work for now.

i think i have subversion of the gtx 550ti, that is not very common. (dev id 0x1244 - Manufacturer Palit with 1GB RAM, DVI, VGA and HDMI)

but fine for now. i almost had sold this card.... :-)

okay. next problem. after installing chameleon the graphics card works. but i get kernel panics on boot from time to time. sometimes my system just comes up after the third try. they seem to be randomly - but sometimes the error message tells me that it was unable to load applertc.kext . ideas? robert? ;-)

yep. but i think i found the cause. since i had minor audio problems, i removed voodoohda.kext. my system appears to be stable for the last few reboots. i use a usb audio dongle at the moment and i am still in search for a working audio kext. i already tried a few. voodoohda was the solution that worked best, but it had some background noises. so i used a patched voodoohda kext, which i found on kexts dot com. as i removed voodoohda, my onboard audio device AND the audio device on the graphics card are not recognized. maybe they are interfering...