Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

No DHCP with Netgear GA311

3 posts in this topic

I have a test machine running Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.7 and it sees that there is a NIC but it will not pull an address. I have tried setting the IP Address manually which results in no network connection.

Can someone give me some direction or point me in the direction to get this fixed?

I have the exact same problem! I tried booting with linux just to make sure there was no issue with the card, and it works perfectly. Only in OSX does it give an issue. FYI, I believe I Had it working in Leopard, but it's been awhile since I used it. I can't get it to work with neither Lion, nor Mountain Lion as I tried both.

Alright, I figured it out for me. The wrong kext was being loaded. How to figure out ... look at your system report (About This Mac | More Info ... | System Report ... | Ethernet Cards )

Mine was listed incorrectly as:

Kext name: RealtekR1000SL.kext

Location: /System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/RealtekR1000SL.kext

I moved that kext to /System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/RealtekR1000SL.kext.disabled and rebooted.

Now I get:

Kext name: AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext

Location: /System/Library/Extensions/myHack.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext

And everything works splendidly. (http://myhack.sojugarden.com/)

There's a native Apple one too, but because I'm using myHack, this is what it loaded.

I've shared the kext here for your convenience: http://ge.tt/91nFaBP/v/0

don't forget to rebuild your cache. I'd only try this one if you have the same problem as I did, and the system one does NOT work. (I'm not trying the system one since mine works)