Changing Intel Centrino Advanced N 6235

muamamu1

5 posts in this topic

First of all, I'd like to say sorry if that's the wrong part of the forum ,but as far as I can see it seems to be the best fitting one. So here it goes- I bought Samsung Series 5 ultrabook recently, but I'm a huge Hackintosh fan so I'd like to swap the Wi-Fi card inside. It uses Intel N 6235 as stated above. The simple question is if it's possible to swap it for a new and Hackintosh-compatible one?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm looking into this same issue. I have an ASUS UX21A Zenbook, which has this PCIe card. I know the retina display MacBook Pro (rMBP) uses a Broadcom BCM4331 WiFi card, but this card does not have Bluetooth capability. Thus, if you swap the 6235 for this, you'll lose integrated BT functionality. Not something I really want to accept, esp. in an Ultrabook form factor like mine. I guess you can always get a dongle?

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6063/macbook-air-13inch-mid-2012-review/2

I haven't looked, but Broadcom has combo Wi-Fi and Bluetooth chipsets so I believe there should be a card replacement for the 6235 that retains the BT functionality. Then it's just a question of whether OS X will support this card.

Two questions:

1. Is there a combo card from Broadcom? (PCIe)

2. OS X support for this.

Again, if you just want Wi-Fi, look for a BCM4331.

-El Jorge

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I dont have the same notebook - I have a Vaio duo 11. But I am in a similar issue, same Intel-chip.

I saw iwidarwin had a project going, but they never made it to the 6235 it seems...