Inspiron 600m

drgonzo

3 posts in this topic

After messing around and trying to get a dvd iso to boot and install in vmware, I gave up and dd'd the deadmoo img onto the partition.

booted up and installed the maxxus.5 patch

sound worked fine out of the box.

nic worked out of the box

had no problems with crashing programs after the maxxus patch

spent about an hour trying to get the native resolution of 1400x1050, but that's my fault. I know a bsd based system should be case sensitive and you have to make sure its "Graphics Mode"

Patchburn4.0.0a-4 seems to of recognized the cd burner

I'm running on an old drive so anything that's super hdd intensive takes a while and makes lots of noise but other then that everything runs great and all the animations are smooth and its only on a 1.6 with 512

hell even the little volume buttons up top work.

still need to try to play a dvd though.

After messing around and trying to get a dvd iso to boot and install in vmware, I gave up and dd'd the deadmoo img onto the partition.

booted up and installed the maxxus.5 patch

sound worked fine out of the box.

nic worked out of the box

had no problems with crashing programs after the maxxus patch

spent about an hour trying to get the native resolution of 1400x1050, but that's my fault. I know a bsd based system should be case sensitive and you have to make sure its "Graphics Mode"

Patchburn4.0.0a-4 seems to of recognized the cd burner

I'm running on an old drive so anything that's super hdd intensive takes a while and makes lots of noise but other then that everything runs great and all the animations are smooth and its only on a 1.6 with 512

hell even the little volume buttons up top work.

still need to try to play a dvd though.

Perfect! I have a 600m too and am hoping to try everything out tommorow. Out of curiosity, did you have to partition your hard drive or use another hard drive or something, or were you capable of just running it off your hard drive alongside Windows XP? I have a 40 gig hard drive, and I'm not sure if partitioning it will give me much less space or what.

Thanks again, and glad to see it worked ;)

• 1 month later...

Hey, I too have a 600m, pheNIX dmg to dvd with iso patch works like a charm for native install (booting natively to Ubuntu to change partition to AF is a must...)... only problem (aside from the standard lack of Quartz and Coregraphics and wireless...)

Has anyone had any luck with external keyboards and/or mice. I have a usb adapter with a ps/2 keyboard and mouse hooked up, but does not register in OsX... I'm limited to the built in keyboard and touchpad.

Thanks for posting your experiences!!!

(an old usb HD for storage is recognized, btw)

I'm not looking for any support, just curious if anyone has already stumbled upon this one, thanks all :)