New to the whole "Hackintosh" scene, need some help BADLY! :)

r0nniee

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys, so as the title says I'm new to the whole "Hackintosh" stuff. Now I have an Acer Aspire 5100 AMD Laptop its an AMD 64 Athlon X2, now I managed to install Mac OS X on to my laptop using Kalyway 10.5.2 from a torrent I found. Now my questions/problems are as follows.. For some reason it's REALLY buggy on my machine, like its always freezing and stuff to where I have to hold down my power button to restart the laptop because it completely locks up.. Now I'm thinking it could be caused by it being so out of date and an old version of Mac OS X??? So I guess what I'm looking for is a guide or tutorial on how to update my laptop running Kalyway 10.5.2 to the most current version, like Ive tried googling it and all I can come up with is the 10.5.3 ComboUpdate but its for SSE3 Intel only, and that won't work for me since I have an AMD Processor. So ya any help, or guides, or tutorials on how I can update from 10.5.2 to the most current version or even close to it would be greatly appreciated, and also where I can get all the files and tools or whatever ill need in order to complete the update would be very appreciated too. And then one last thing, I can not for the life of me get my wireless network to work on it for some reason, is there anyone out there who can be a life saver and maybe guide me in the right direction or give me a guide or something on to how I can get my wireless working on my Acer Aspire 5100 Laptop?? Thanks so much guys, and again I'm VERY new to this whole stuff and still really confused about all this Mac OS X stuff to begin with, like kexts and everything lol not even sure what a kext is, since I'm so use to Windows and stuff, my guess is it would be a driver?? But ya I still cant figure out how to install a kext to save my life either, so ya any help with both of these things would be awesome.

Thanks so much anyone who can help!!!!

Ron

Try these tutorials:

[AMD] 10.7.3 Guide - Experimental Only - InsanelyMac Forum (to install OSX Lion, 10.7.x, the newest iteration of OSX you can get on an AMD machine; with your processor, you'll only achieve 32-bit support, remember);

[AMD] 10.6.8 Guide - written by Devout - InsanelyMac Forum (to install Snow Leopard, 10.6.x, the most AMD-compatible version of OSX to date and, according to many Mac costumers, the best version of OSX ever - i dispute this statement, anyway, since i'm an addict to iCloud; running Snow Leopard, you can get full 64-bit functionalities).

Chose one of them and ask your questions there.