Hazard AMD 10.6.2 Distro Compatible with Dell Dimension C521?

AlexRealCom

5 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone,

I just need help knowing if a Dell Dimension C521 is compatible with the Hazard AMD/Intel 10.6.2 Snow Leopard

And if so could someone give me a link to it since I've tried to find it and I found one but I'm not sure whether it is a compatibility issue

Or if it is just my hardware

Here are my Specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+

Motherboard: Dell Inc Model 0HY175

Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce 6150

Southbridge: NVIDIA nForce 410/430 MCP

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 610

Please No Hate guys for having a Dell smile.png

I already know they're {censored}

Thanks

Alex Brunt

Alright so I already tried it,

I selected the right customization options for amd and my chipset,

this installed and resulted in my whole system not being able to boot which we

have since fixed.

At this point in time i would just like somebody to give me a recommendation to any

10.6.2 Snow Leopard AMD Distro suitable for my specs

which are here:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+

Motherboard: Dell Inc Model 0HY175

Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce 6150

Southbridge: NVIDIA nForce 410/430 MCP

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 610

I tried on something with the same MOBO here. I was able to get it up and running, even upgraded to 10.6.8. The problem is that the onboard videocard and ethernet are incompatible. You will never get quartz extreme with the onboard video and the ethernet just won't work. The big issue is that the GeForce 6150LE shares RAM with the MoBo. It will never function right, free standing GeForce 6150LE cards will work but the onboard one will not. So, yes you can get a functioning system to boot up and operate, but you will have to get a compatible videocard and ethernet card in order to have a fully functional hackintoah. Anyway No I didn't get the Hazard distro to work I used a AMD boot CD and a retail installation disk.

Yeah, I wasn't able to boot with my Dell Dimensions 8400 too ! I just repartitioned my hdd... I think, you will have to copy your hdd's content onto another one and repartition the hdd of OS X with a GUID partition table...