• Announcements

• Allan

Forum Rules   04/13/2018

Hello folks! As some things are being fixed, we'll keep you updated. Per hour the Forum Rules don't have a dedicated "Tab", so here is the place that we have our Rules back. New Users Lounge > [READ] - InsanelyMac Forum Rules - The InsanelyMac Staff Team. 
slayer2333

Question about Asus G53JW

3 posts in this topic

Just an observation about the keyboard brightness Fn key, in fact when adding these lines to the DSDT :

Device (SMC) // We will be faking up some of SMC Devices which are used in MacBookAir

{

Device (ALS0) // Ambient Light Sensor , we'll be faking this up , to get the ambient sensor to work , will find a way to link with cam

{

Name (_HID, "ACPI0008") //The ID used in macbook air

Name (_CID, "smc-als") // The one which talks with the ALS kext

Method (_ALI, 0, NotSerialized)

{

Return (0x012C)

}

Name (_ALR, Package (0x03)

{

Package (0x02)

{

0x46,

0x00

},

Package (0x02)

{

0x64,

0x012C

},

Package (0x02)

{

0x96,

0x03E8

}

})

}

The bezel activates for the keyboard backlight ( without affecting the lights themselves), so i was wondering if we could activate the screen brightness control and keyboard backlight adding something else to that. Seems that they are blocked by the lack of sensor lines in the DSDT maybe.

Just wondering...

Advertisement

Although maybe not the best solution for laptop users due to the power saving with dimming the screen backlighting, I figured I'd mention it. On desktop hack I use shades.app with it mapped to brightness keys on apple bluetooth keyboard to get brightness control, also can change the tint color it uses to whatever you want where a darker blue gives a nice soothing effect to sore eyes when you just turn the brightness down a couple notches.

I'm also using shades with the hotkeys mapping, still im trying to get brightness work since i started hackintoshing with no results, so any idea gives me some hope. Well for now, shades FTW!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now