Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Lapic Kernel Problems

2 posts in this topic

So I finally got OS X running on my HP Envy 6t. Seems that everything is working well, minus the trackpad which is super sensitive, but I'm not concerned at the moment. Here's what I've done. I converted my 32GB SSD Cache drive into a regular drive and install 10.7 on it. I had to use a "LegacyAppleAHCIPortIntelICHx.kext" to detect the hard drive. To get USB to work, I have to boot in 32-bit mode, USBBusFix, USBLegacyOff, and delete AppleHPET.kext. Boot is all working now minus one thing. I still have to use cpus=1 or I get a KP. So I found where people were saying that the lapic kernel was made to fix this on HP laptops, so I downloaded multiple versions of it and when I use it, I can get past the KP, but now I get a bunch of weird missing kernel strings like "__kernel__ missing attribute buff_atr.... etc" and I get a bunch of failed kext. I'm then greeted with the infamous "Still waiting for root device...". So... Can I fix this somehow or am I going to have to live with cpus=1? Also, I do not have a dsdt as I do not know how to make/patch one... Thanks!

Found the problem! Turns out I was using Darwin 11.3 instead of 11.4! Oops! Switching kernels solved the issue! Now if I could just get QE/CI working on my HD 3000...