Lenovo T410 - Speedstep?

iYassin

1 post in this topic

I just set up a fresh installation of OS X 10.7 on my Lenovo Thinkpad T410 (i5-520M, Nvidia NVS3100M). Nearly everything is working finde - except some stuff linked with power management - to be exact, my installation is missing Speedstep, G-State-switching and the battery indicator - and fan control.

For my T410, I'm using the DSDT from the T510 installation guide with the part on the Nvidia graphics card's memory changed for my 256MB card from the original 512 MB. For the guide's author, everything is working fine - but on my system, there is no Speedstep functionality at all. If I'm running on battery, the CPU clocks at 1.2 GHz, if I attach the AC power supply, it's switching between 1.2 GHz and 2.53 GHz (so it actually even turbo-boosts, which is quite strange).

I'm also using the patched AppleLPC.kext with my LPC controller's vendor and device ID - and I ran the SpeedStepper Lion GM (as I'm on 10.7.0) on my AICPUPM file in the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. My boot.plist includes -allowAppleCPUPM for the kernel flags.

Do you have an idea on what could be wrong with my installation for my Speedstep and G-State-switching to fail? I actually took all the stuff from the T510 installation thread and compared it with the W520 installation guide to match with my files in the important parts - what it actually does - as both users got their Speedstep working. Could it be that I'm on 10.7.0 and not on 10.7.2?

My dsdt.aml is attached to this post. It would be really great if we could get my power management stuff working together!

Thanks,

iYassin

DSDT.aml.zip